fbpx
Connect with us

Education

Tertiary Institutions in Lagos State to Re-open on September 14th – Governor Sanwo-Olu

Published

on

Governor Sanwo-Olu

Governor Sanwo-Olu orders the re-opening of Tertiary Institutions in Lagos state on September 14th.

The Governor revealed this on Saturday 29th August in a regular briefing on the state’s COVID-19 status.

According to him, primary and secondary schools are also tentatively scheduled to re-open from September 21th.

“This decision is not cast in stone and is subject to review of our ongoing modelling and what procedure comes out from the Ministry of Health,” Sanwo-Olu said.

The Governor explained that the decision was based on indications that the pandemic has peaked in the state, as the number of new cases continues to steadily decline.

Curbing Covid-19 Spread: California Set to Release 8,000 Prisoners from the State’s Prison

NYCC-19 Sets up Structures in States for Better Results

Man Pours Hot Water on Nursing Wife’s Breasts in Enugu

Triumphant Entry of Sen. Orji Uzor Kalu After His Release from Prison

Eid-el-Kabir: DSK Fecilitates with muslims, urges selflessness, brotherliness

Dangaladima, Daudu :A rare Gem

Wikipedia Lists Nigeria Among the “Failed States”

Nigerian Woman Earns Herself N1million Cash For Returning N13.94million Mistakenly Paid Into Her Account (Photo)

Effective Youth Engagement in Electoral Process Amidst Covid-19

NYCCOVID-19 Begins Nation-Wide Training for Nigerian Youth to access CBN – NIRSAL Bank N10 Million Naira Loan

Burna Boy Collaborates with Sam Smith for a New Album ‘My Oasis’ Set to be Released Today

NYCC-19: CORRUPTION & ECONOMIC WOES AMIDST COVID-19; THE ROLE OF NIGERIA YOUTHS

Federal Govt. Announces Resumption Of Tertiary Institution.

“The entertainment industry must be allowed to gradually get back in business!!”- #Falz

#BBNaija: “I will Never Have Sex on National TV”- Prince, #Tolanibaj’s Butt Lying Bare on TV

Group partner chamber of commerce for increased access to finance

Sanwo-Olu reiterated that restaurants are now permitted to open for in-dining services in the state, although they must continue to ensure spaces are only filled up to 50 percent capacity at all times.

On the re-opening of event centres, bars, night clubs, beaches, cinemas, the Governor said a review will be done in September to decide whether to allow a re-opening of such public spaces.

Responding to a question on whether the Federal Government’s 10 pm curfew still holds in Lagos, Sanwo-Olu replied in the affirmative.

“These are challenging times for all of us,” he said.

Comments
Please follow and like us:
Advertisement
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Pingback: #EndSARS: Nigerian Army disbands legal team investigating Lekki Tollgate Shooting after more evidences shows up - GistFlash

Leave a Reply

Education

JAMB withdraws results of candidate for impersonation

Published

on

By Gistdlash News

July 27, 2021

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has withdrawn the result of one Attama  Ikedichukwu for acts bordering on impersonation in the just concluded 2021/2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

This is contained in a statement issued by Dr Fabian Benjamin, JAMB Head, Media and Publicity in Abuja on Tuesday.

He said that upon investigations, it was revealed that Ikedichukwu had hired a ”professional examination taker” to sit for the examination on his behalf.

He however said that his luck ran out when the board’s post-examination processes discovered that the candidate had been impersonated in the course of the examination.

“On further scrutiny, other hidden dimensions to the case were also unravelled which the candidate had admitted to in the course of perpetrating the fraudulent act.

“ Following Management’s consideration and approval of the recommendations of the investigators, the result of Ikedichukwu, whose examination was taken on his behalf at the University of Nigeria, MTN Library, Nsukka, Enugu State, on  June 22 during the second session of the examination for that day, has been withdrawn.

“The Board wishes to restate that no result obtained through fraudulent means will be allowed to stand.

“It should be noted that the cancellation is in line with the board’s  policy of cancelling any result fraudulently obtained by any candidate even when such had been released,” he said.

He added that the perpetrator would be handed over to relevant agencies  for prosecution to serve as a deterrent to other would-be infractors.

He said that the board urged candidates and the general public that it would painstakingly  scrutinise the entire examination processes with the provision that the results obtained through fraudulent means would be withheld and after thorough investigation, cancelled as the case may be.

“ In the meantime, the Board is engaged in the viewing and assessment of all CCTV footage of the examination as well as the adequacy or otherwise of the security measures put in place to forestall examination infractions.

“The board warned that the above stated case might just be the first of the many that would be unearthed in the course of the review as many more infractions might yet come to light.m,” he added.

He therefore said that a top security officer who had facilitated the forgery of the board’s admission letter was being investigated for possible culpability and subsequent prosecution.

NAN

Comments

Please follow and like us:

Continue Reading

Education

UNN ASUU, residents urge FG to prevent another strike

Published

on

By Gistflash News

July 26, 2021

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) chapter, has advised the Federal Government to take steps to avert another nationwide strike by the union.

The UNN chapter Chairman, Dr Christian Opata, gave the advice on Monday in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Nsukka.

Opata spoke against the backdrop of the recent threat by ASUU to resume the strike suspended on Dec. 24, 2020.

He described federal government’s failure to fulfill agreements entered with the union since 2009 as unfortunate.

He said that federal government would not be exonerated “if the union resumes another strike because of its inability to fulfill an agreement with it”.

The ASUU boss said the UNN chapter of the union was ready to enforce any directive of the national leadership of ASUU at any point in time.

In a similar vein, some residents of the university town also charged the federal government to redeem its agreement with the union to forestall the strike.

A community leader, Mr Innocent Ugwu, said the strike would cause another academic setback for students in public universities, should government allow ASUU to make good its threat.

Ugwu said, “Government should act fast and do everything within its capacity to redeem the agreement it entered with ASUU that led to the suspension of the strike on Dec. 24, 2020.

“This will prevent another strike that will paralyse academic activities in public universities in the country.”

He pleaded with ASUU to avoid another strike and continue to dialogue with government in the interest of students and parents, who were always on the receiving end.

Also, a secondary school teacher, Mrs Amaka Ezema, urged government at all levels to give education special attention.

According to Ezema, the quality of education determines the level of development.

“If government gives special attention to education, there will not be room for strike in public schools.

“Federal government should ensure that ASUU’s current threat to resume strike does not happen by fulfilling the agreement signed with the union in December 2020.

“If ASUU resumes another strike, the academic timetable in public universities will be disrupted again,” Ezema said.

A civil servant, Mr Desmond Ubah, said that incessant strikes in public universities led to the hike in school fees in private universities.

“Private universities are capitalising on incessant strikes in public institutions to increase their school fees arbitrarily.

“These universities know that parents are no longer comfortable with the incessant strikes in public universities since they are no longer sure of when their children will graduate,” Ubah said.

NAN

Comments

Please follow and like us:

Continue Reading

Education

Buhari attends Education Summit in London, holds bilateral talks with PM Johnson

Published

on

By Gistflash News

July 26, 2021

President Muhammadu Buhari will on Monday depart Abuja for UK to participate in the Global Education Summit on Financing Global Partnership for Education (GPE) 2021 to 2025.

The President’s spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina, who confirmed this development in a statement in Abuja on Monday, said the summit would be co-hosted by the Prime Minister of the UK, Boris Johnson, and the President of Kenya, Uhuru Kenyatta.

According to him, the summit will bring together Heads of State and Government as well as stakeholders and youth leaders, and provide a platform for partners to chart a way forward towards transforming education systems in partner countries, through exchange of best practices.

“It will also offer the opportunity for leaders to make 5-year pledges to support GPE’s work to help transform education systems in up to 90 countries and territories.

“Deliberations at the Summit will focus on: The Power of Education –A Conversation between Global Champions; Transforming Education for Girls; Financing for Impact and Recovery and; What Now? Priorities for Transforming Education in the Coming Five Years, among others,’’ Adesina stated.

He revealed that the Nigerian leader would also hold a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

He said: “After the Summit, the President will spend a few days for an earlier scheduled medical check-up.

“He is due back by second week of August, 2021.’’

The presidential aide disclosed that Buhari would be accompanied by Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, Minister of State Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, National Security Adviser, retired Maj. Gen. Babagana Monguno and Director-General of National Intelligence Agency, Amb. Ahmed Rufai Abubakar.

 

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the GPE 2021 to 2025 will be a key moment for the global community to come together and support quality education for all children.

A centrepiece of the summit will be the opportunity for leaders to make five-year pledges to support GPE’s work to help transform education systems in up to 90 countries and territories.

The GPE will take place on July 28 and July 29, 2021.

NAN

Comments

Please follow and like us:

Continue Reading

LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS

Let’s keep you updated

Advertisement

Page Views

  • 237,639 hits

HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS

get post notifications

Get new posts by email

Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song

Most Viewed Posts

Trending

error

We know you enjoy our storylines. Please spread the word to your friends :)

%d bloggers like this:
Enable Notifications    OK No thanks