Connect with us

Hot News

2023 Presidency: Youth Support Group gives Governor Yahaya Bello 14 days ultimatum to join presidential race or risk nationwide protest 

Published

on

2023 Presidency: Youth Support Group Gives Yahaya Bello 14 days Ultimatum to declear interest..

The coalition of youth support groups, under the name of “Governor Yahaya Bello to President Yahaya Bello’’ (GYB2PYB), has issued 14 days ultimatum to Governor Bello to declare intentions’ joining the 2023 presidential race or risk a nationwide protest

The group made their position known in a letter of invitation to contest 2023 presidential race submitted to Governor Bello at the Kogi State liaison office in Abuja on Friday

Ambassador Oladele Nihi Director General GYB2PYB said that Governor Bello has what it takes to provide purposeful leadership and good governance if elected as President in the 2023 General Elections.

“He will offer the right leadership, as he is interested in the good of Nigeria. The GYB2PYB Youth Movement is not a selfish Agenda, but an effort to project him, to market him, and to sell him to other Nigerians.

“We have searched the length and breadth of our country and found that Governor Yahaya Bello, a young man who has given women and young people the platform to be the drivers in their own affairs, will perform well if elected into the exalted office.

“The GYB (Gov. Yahaya Bello), style of leadership is what we need in this country, the leadership of a government of the young people by the young people and for the general wellbeing of all Nigerians.

“Over fifteen million Nigerian young men and women have signed a request letter to His Excellency, Governor Yahaya Bello, calling on him to accept to contest the position of the President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2023.

“We believe Governor Yahaya Bello to be a detribalized Nigerian. He will stamp out Nepotism from our country, and he will handle the intractable security problems of our country.

“Because he is a young man, he will engage the women and the young men in governance and make them critical stakeholders in the affairs of the country. We believe that he is a good brand that we can sell.

We urge Nigerian youths to take the message nationwide, that Governor Yahaya Bello will handle security; he will ensure Women and Youth Inclusiveness in governance, erase all forms of ethnic and religious bias and bring massive Foreign Direct Investments into the Country.

Right now, we need a leader that can hold our country together. We are saying that the person is Governor Yahaya Bello. I believe that the challenge is to have a good leader to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari, who has tried his best. We should begin to identify somebody to take over from him and do a fantastic job.

We will make it impossible for GYB to say NO, because he holds it to Nigerians to participate in the election. It is a patriotic duty we are calling on him for. He is a man who believes in the progress and development of Nigeria, he has no choice than to accede to our request. He should come out and offer himself for the leadership of this country at this time. We are calling on him to serve. We are confident that he will come out and run for the presidency.

Recall that the group had sometime last year predicted that 2023 would be a youth political revolution year in Nigeria, saying it planned to build early structures among youth groups, to network towards possible and inevitable takeover of leadership.

Also Read;

The GYB2PYB, expressed regrets that Nigeria, with a population of more than 200 million people, 75 per cent of which were youth, said it was disheartening that less than one per cent of young Nigerians are currently included, appointed or elected into leadership positions in the country.

It said the group was set to change the narrative come 2023

“We decided to search for three qualities; a young person with capacity politically and financially, one who is already in the political system/power block and who has the track record of youth engagement and inclusion in governance, as well as appointments, requirements we found in Governor Bello,’’ it said in a statement.

Hon. Bar Medina Anako, Special adviser intergovernmental affairs and State focal person, Nigerians in diaspora Commission received the group on behalf of the Governor

Barrister Anako has assured the group that Governor Bello will surely respond to their letter of invitation asking him to join the race within the next 14 days as demanded!!

Comments
Please follow and like us:

Hot News

man arrested for allegedly killing his side chick

Published

on

Kenyan man and side chick

Detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) Kenya, have arrested a 38-year-old married man over the brutal murder of his girlfriend.

 

The suspect, Evans Karani is accused of murdering 25-year-old Catherine Nyokabi in Witeithie area, Juja in Kiambu County.

 

Married Kenyan man arrested for allegedly killing his side chick

 

Juja Sub-County Directorate of Criminal Investigations Officer (DCIO), Richard Mwaura, who confirmed the incident on Friday, April 16, said the suspect attempted to discard Nyokabi’s body on Wednesday but his efforts were thwarted by mud.

While transporting Nyokabi’s body in his car, Karani’s vehicle got stuck in mud on Bob Harris road in Juja, forcing him to flee, leaving the body and car behind, the DCI said.

 

Married Kenyan man arrested for allegedly killing his side chick

 

Police, who arrived at the scene following a report by locals, verified the car ownership from the National Transport and Safety Authority’s Registrar of Motor Vehicles.

 

A hunt for Karani was, consequently, launched by a multi-agency team comprising police, DCI officers and the agency’s Crime Research and Intelligence Bureau (CRIB) officer

 

On Friday morning, April 16, detectives, via phone signal, tracked down Karani to his rented house in Githurai Kimbo area, where they arrested the suspect.

 

The authorities said Nyokabi’s body had been burnt using a corrosive chemical.

 

“She was badly disfigured. Besides the burn injuries, she had bruises on the face and head. It appears she was tortured before being killed,” a detective told The Standard.

 

Authorities said the suspect confessed to killing Nyokabi, a hotel worker in Kahawa Wendani, following a bitter conflict, which they had been embroiled in for the past two weeks.

 

Karani, who is married, reportedly told police Nyokabi was his secret lover.

 

The deceased’s father, Gitonga Njogu, told The Standard that initial reports suggested his daughter, the first born in a family of four children, died in a road accident.

 

“On Facebook, certain people were claiming my child was killed in a car crash in Juja. However, when we got to see her body at the City Mortuary, we were shocked. The visible injuries clearly indicated Nyokabi’s cause of death was not a road accident as had been alleged,” said Njogu.

 

“My girl (Nyokabi) was hard-working, cheerful and very loving. Her future was promising,” said Njogu while attempting to balance a tear in his eyes.

 

The old man said Nyokabi had, in the past, introduced Karani to him as her suitor.

 

“I knew them to be lovers. Just like in any other relationship, they had differences, which I would help them iron out. Two weeks ago, my daughter said she and Karani had broken up. I told her, it was okay; she shouldn’t cling onto a relationship in which she was unhappy. That was the last time I heard of the suspect.”

 

Karani will be arraigned on Monday, April 19, when detectives would seek to detain him longer to allow for investigations to be completed.

 

Married Kenyan man arrested for allegedly killing his side chick Married Kenyan man arrested for allegedly killing his side chick

Comments
Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Hot News

Arms Procurement Investigation: “Issues of arms procurement were done by specific individuals, call these individuals to explain to you ” – COAS Ibrahim Attahiru tells House of Reps members

Published

on


A dramatic scene was recorded today April 13 after the Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru appeared before House of Representatives ad-hoc committee on arms and ammunition as part of the investigation into arms purchase by the military.


Attahiru refused to speak on arms procurement after presenting a document to the committee.


According to the COAS, he just resumed office and the issues surrounding the procurement of arms should be answered by the “specific individuals” who initiated the purchase.


He said;


“The submission before you speaks to the report before you. It is an executive summary. It is very self-explanatory to the extent that it has been pluralised. When you demanded this report, you stated a specific period for which you wanted it.

“You may wish to recall that the Chief of Army Staff took over the mantle of leadership barely two months ago.

“The period for which you want this report having been summarised in the executive summary explained whatever details you require.

“Issues of arms procurement that you so demand to know were done by specific individuals, I will rather you call these individuals to explain to you very specific issues the general explanation is contained in this report.”


A member of the committee, Ejiro Ogene had also faulted the COAS explanation for not appearing before the committee earlier.


Ogene said;


“When we ask you to come, the people are the ones speaking, sovereignty lies in the people; if we see it like this, things will be different.

“I expect that the COAS tenders an apology, not an explanation; you are serving the people and they are as your employer.”


Firing back at him, Attahiru insisted that his explanation serves as an apology. He said;


“When you say I offered an explanation, it is as good as an apology. It only tells you the reasons why I wasn’t here and the reasons are pungent enough.”


Following the rising tension at the proceeding, Chairman of the Committee Olaide Akinremi ruled that the hearing goes into a closed-door meeting and the media were asked to leave the hearing.

Comments
Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Hot News

25-year-old Nigerian man arrested for Scamming woman of N16million in India

Published

on

 

A 25-year-old Nigerian has been arrested in India for allegedly scamming a 62-year-old woman from Indore, Madhya Pradesh, of Rs 31.64 lakh (N16,048,923.81)

“The accused, Wisdom Obinna, from Imo State, was part of a gang that befriended women on social media and then scam them with lottery and gift frauds,” said Indore Cyber Cell Superintendent of Police, Jitendra Singh, on Friday, April 9.

“Obinna was arrest25-year-old Nigerian man arrested in India for duping woman of N16m ed from Delhi, where he was staying even after his business visa expired. Efforts are on to nab other members of the gang,” he added.

ALSO READ;

During the interrogation, the accused said that he came to India on Business Visa in 2014 and 2017. After the visa expired, he became active in cheating and used to operate from Delhi.

The gang members befriend Indian girls and women on Facebook by creating accounts with different foreign fake IDs.

After Wisdom has made friends with the women, he lured his victims by claiming he sent them some expensive gifts.

Later, other members of the gang pose as custom officers and demand money in the name of Tax and Penalty to get the parcel, send a message through bank account WhatsApp and get the money transfer. They would also threaten the victim with legal action.

Police recovered eight passbooks of various banks, three ATM cards, two laptops, three pen drives, 9 mobile phones, eight SIM cards, two dongles, passports and Rs 11000 in cash from the accused.

 

25-year-old Nigerian man arrested in India for duping woman of N16m

Comments

Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Let’s keep you updated

Advertisement

Instagram

Recent Tweets

Trending

error

We know you enjoy our storylines. Please spread the word to your friends :)

%d bloggers like this:
Enable Notifications    OK No thanks