Connect with us

Hot News

Trump Jr. defends saying Democrats want millions to die from coronavirus

Published

on

Loading video

Donald Trump Jr. said he’s “entitled to speak with hyperbole” when questioned in an interview with “Axios on HBO” about his statement suggesting Democrats want millions to die from the coronavirus.

 Trump Jr. told Fox News in late February that “for Democrats to try taking a pandemic and seemingly hope that it comes here and kills millions of people so that they could end Donald Trump’s streak of winning is a new level of sickness.”

“I don’t know if this is coronavirus or Trump Derangement Syndrome, but these people are infected badly,” Trump told Fox News.

However, Trump clarified that he doesn’t actually think that Democrats want millions to die, but noted:

“I don’t know that they want millions of people, but you could see them.”

“There was nothing that Trump could do that could turn his response to coronavirus into, hey, he did a good job.”

Also Read : john-kelly-vs-donald-trump-a-sign-of-something-much-bigger-going-on-behind-the-scene

 There are more than 106,000 coronavirus cases in 100 countries and territories and the global death toll has risen to almost 3,600.

According to the reports, Trump administration’s response to the novel coronavirus is being spearheaded by Vice President Mike Pence, in coordination with the Centers for Disease Control and the National Institutes of Health.

Officials have predicted the continued spread of the virus throughout the U.S., with the likelihood of significantly more confirmed cases as testing improves.

WHO official leads criticism of Trump's coronavirus response

Ezekiel Emanuel, special adviser to the director general of the World Health Organization, told MSNBC Wednesday he found “most” of what President Trump said at his briefing on the novel coronavirus “incoherent.”

The big picture: As the number of confirmed cases reaches 60 in the U.S., the top health professional — who was a health policy adviser in the Obama administration — is among several leading figures, in particular, Democrats, to criticize the president for his response to the outbreak.

Mike Pence to local schools: It's OK to shut down over coronavirus
Vice President Mike Pence appears in a pre-taped interview on NBC’s “Meet the Press” in Washington, D.C.

The Vice President, Mike Pence told NBC in an interview airing Sunday said President Trump would “respect any decisions that are made at the state and local level” on actions to combat the novel coronavirus, including school shutdowns.

What the coronavirus means for Trump's presidency

However, the poor response to the coronavirus could be politically devastating for President Trump, and so far his administration has given the strong impression that it’s still scrambling as the risk of a pandemic mounts.

 Having reviewed the current situation this deadly virus has caused, There are so much any president can do to stop a virus from spreading, and for now the coronavirus is still very much under control within the U.S. But if the disease get worse in the months ahead, and if the administration seems to be caught off guard, that spells trouble for public confidence in Trump.

Comments
Please follow and like us:

Hot News

Arms Procurement Investigation: “Issues of arms procurement were done by specific individuals, call these individuals to explain to you ” – COAS Ibrahim Attahiru tells House of Reps members

Published

on


A dramatic scene was recorded today April 13 after the Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru appeared before House of Representatives ad-hoc committee on arms and ammunition as part of the investigation into arms purchase by the military.


Attahiru refused to speak on arms procurement after presenting a document to the committee.


According to the COAS, he just resumed office and the issues surrounding the procurement of arms should be answered by the “specific individuals” who initiated the purchase.


He said;


“The submission before you speaks to the report before you. It is an executive summary. It is very self-explanatory to the extent that it has been pluralised. When you demanded this report, you stated a specific period for which you wanted it.

“You may wish to recall that the Chief of Army Staff took over the mantle of leadership barely two months ago.

“The period for which you want this report having been summarised in the executive summary explained whatever details you require.

“Issues of arms procurement that you so demand to know were done by specific individuals, I will rather you call these individuals to explain to you very specific issues the general explanation is contained in this report.”


A member of the committee, Ejiro Ogene had also faulted the COAS explanation for not appearing before the committee earlier.


Ogene said;


“When we ask you to come, the people are the ones speaking, sovereignty lies in the people; if we see it like this, things will be different.

“I expect that the COAS tenders an apology, not an explanation; you are serving the people and they are as your employer.”


Firing back at him, Attahiru insisted that his explanation serves as an apology. He said;


“When you say I offered an explanation, it is as good as an apology. It only tells you the reasons why I wasn’t here and the reasons are pungent enough.”


Following the rising tension at the proceeding, Chairman of the Committee Olaide Akinremi ruled that the hearing goes into a closed-door meeting and the media were asked to leave the hearing.

Comments
Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Hot News

25-year-old Nigerian man arrested for Scamming woman of N16million in India

Published

on

 

A 25-year-old Nigerian has been arrested in India for allegedly scamming a 62-year-old woman from Indore, Madhya Pradesh, of Rs 31.64 lakh (N16,048,923.81)

“The accused, Wisdom Obinna, from Imo State, was part of a gang that befriended women on social media and then scam them with lottery and gift frauds,” said Indore Cyber Cell Superintendent of Police, Jitendra Singh, on Friday, April 9.

“Obinna was arrest25-year-old Nigerian man arrested in India for duping woman of N16m ed from Delhi, where he was staying even after his business visa expired. Efforts are on to nab other members of the gang,” he added.

ALSO READ;

During the interrogation, the accused said that he came to India on Business Visa in 2014 and 2017. After the visa expired, he became active in cheating and used to operate from Delhi.

The gang members befriend Indian girls and women on Facebook by creating accounts with different foreign fake IDs.

After Wisdom has made friends with the women, he lured his victims by claiming he sent them some expensive gifts.

Later, other members of the gang pose as custom officers and demand money in the name of Tax and Penalty to get the parcel, send a message through bank account WhatsApp and get the money transfer. They would also threaten the victim with legal action.

Police recovered eight passbooks of various banks, three ATM cards, two laptops, three pen drives, 9 mobile phones, eight SIM cards, two dongles, passports and Rs 11000 in cash from the accused.

 

25-year-old Nigerian man arrested in India for duping woman of N16m

Comments

Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Economy

CBN gets order to freeze 194 accounts in 17 banks

Published

on

CBN gets order to freeze 194 accounts in 17 banks

The Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN has secured three separate interim orders from a Federal High Court in Abuja to freeze bank accounts linked to 194 business entities and individuals in 17 banks.

This was contained in a post by the apex bank on its website yesterday pursuant to the court order. The freeze orders were sequel to three exparte applications filed by the apex bank seeking a mandatory order of the court to ask the 17 banks to freeze the account of the business organizations and individual pending the outcome of an ongoing investigation the apex bank had initiated.

In one of the suits against Nuru Abubakar and 24 others, the court granted the request by CBN to freeze the account of the defendants in the banks for 45 days. Justice A.R Muhammed who made the order in his ruling on March 30, 2021, said: “An interim order is hereby made empowering the applicant to direct the head office of the listed banks to freeze forthwith all transactions on the bank account of the defendants for a period of 45 days pending the outcome of investigation and inquiry currently being conducted by CBN.”

ALSO READ;

In another suit filed by CBN against Sethwealth Ventures and two others, the court granted an exparte application by the apex bank to freeze 50 accounts linked to the three defendants in 13 banks. A similar order was also made in the suit by CBN against Bluebeam Capital Ltd freezing 60 accounts of the company in 13 banks.

The 17 banks affected are Access Bank, First City Monument Bank, Fidelity Bank, Sterling Bank, Keystone Bank, Providus Bank, United Bank for Africa (UBA), Wema Bank and First Bank. Others are Guaranty Trust Bank, Ecobank Bank, Heritage Bank, Polaris Bank, Zenith Bank, Stanbic IBTC Bank, Standard Chartered Bank and Union Bank.

The companies affected include Bluebeam Capital Limited, Sethwealth Ventures, Seasons Bureau De Change, Lat-Ade Logistics, Sani Polo Global Investment Ltd, Saneo Global Resources Limited and Romvic Ventures Nigeria Limited.

 

Comments

Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Let’s keep you updated

Advertisement

Instagram

Recent Tweets

Trending

error

We know you enjoy our storylines. Please spread the word to your friends :)

%d bloggers like this:
Enable Notifications    OK No thanks