COVID-19: Immigration boss ‘Muhammad Babandede’ Tests Positive
The Comptroller General of Nigeria Immigration Service ‘Muhammad Babandede’ tests positive for COVID-19.
According to a WhatsApp message from the Public Relation Officer of Immigration, Sunday, James, the CG had gone on self-isolation since he returned from UK.
James said: “As a top official of government he has adhered to the NCDC instructions to self-isolate and undergo test.
“The result of the test came out positive, hence the need to make it public. He conveys his goodwill to all and he is in stable condition responding to treatment.
“The Comptroller General is active and directing as expected the affairs of the service online while the Deputy Comptroller General Overseeing the administration of the service is in touch online to keep service activities running within this period.
“The Nigeria Immigration Service community will continue to deliver on its mandate for the nation even in this trying time as we pray the whole world get over it, Nigeria inclusive.”
NCDC announces 210 additional COVID-19 cases, two deaths in 24 hours
By Gistflash News
Sept 26, 2021
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), says the country recorded two more COVID-19-related deaths with 210 additional cases in the last 24 hours.
The NCDC, in its latest update on Sunday morning, said the cases were reported in 12 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
It indicated that the country’s total infection from the pandemic currently stands at 204,201 while the fatality toll increased to 2,673.
It also noted that six states – Benue, Kano, Nasarawa, Plateau, Sokoto and Zamfara – recorded no new cases.
The breakdown shows that Lagos remains the nation’s epicentre of the virus with 79 cases, followed by Edo with 20 new infections and Anambra third with 19 cases.
Other states are Rivers (18), Ondo (15), Gombe (14), Oyo (13), Kaduna (11), Ekiti (8), Delta (6), FCT (5), Bayelsa (1) and Kano (1).
The NCDC stated with the new figure, a total of 192,421 patients have so far recovered from COVID-19 in the country.
It added that over 2. 9 million samples of the virus from the nation’s roughly 200 million population have been tested.
The NCDC noted that a multi-sectoral national emergency operations centre (EOC), activated at Level 2, continued to coordinate the national response activities.
The agency stated that the number of active COVID-19 cases in the country stands at 9,098.
NHIS, NYSC sign MoU for corps members’ health insurance cover
By Gistflash News
Sept 7, 2021
The National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) and the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to give corps members health insurance cover during service.
The MoU was signed by the Executive Secretary of NHIS, Prof. Mohammed Sambo and the Director-General of NYSC, Brig.-Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim, in Abuja on Tuesday.
Sambo said that it would ensure that corps members were integrated into the scheme to enable them to properly access healthcare during their service year.
“We are working on the presidential mandate on leaving no one behind in the health insurance scheme.
“So, today, it is big step to ensure that corps members are integrated into the scheme, this will expand coverage ratio of the scheme and also access to health facilities for corps members,’’ Sambo said.
According to him, for the purpose of continuity the corps members after their service year will enroll on what is called kinship programme.
He said that the corps members would migrate from the NYSC insurance to kinship where a token is paid and when they are employed they would join the formal sector programme.
Also speaking, the D-G of NYSC said that the MoU was in line with presidential directive that corps members should be enrolled in the scheme.
Ibrahim said that such directive showed that the government was concerned about the health of corps members in the country.
According to him, such gesture will encourage the corps members to carry out their service properly.
Ibrahim said that MoU would address the financial burden of the members in terms of health.
COVID-19: Nigeria’s total infection toll now stands at 195,052, with 2,522 fatalities
By Gistflash News
Sept 5, 2021
The Nigeria Centre For Disease Control (NCDC) says the country’s total infection toll now stands at 195,052, with a fatality toll of 2,522.
The NCDC made this known via its verified website on Sunday morning, adding that Nigeria recorded 27 more Coronavirus (COVID-19) related deaths and 964 new infections from 19 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The News Agency of Nigeria(NAN) reports that the 964 fresh cases reported on Saturday indicated an increase from the 444 cases posted on Friday.
The public health agency noted that Lagos State, the country’s epicenter of COVID-19, reported 456; Ondo followed with 180, while Edo recorded the third highest infection with 66 cases.
Amongst others are: Rivers (62), Niger (26), Akwa Ibom (25), Ekiti (22), Kwara (22), Oyo (22), Kaduna (17), Delta (14), Benue (12), Gombe (9), Plateau (9), FCT (8), Jigawa (5), Ogun (4), Bayelsa and Nasarawa (2) each, and Bauchi (1).
The agency also noted that the country’s active coronavirus cases in Nigeria were 10,026, with a total of 182,463 cases successfully treated and discharged after recovery as of Sept. 4.
The NCDC said that over 2.7million samples of the virus out of the nation’s roughly 200 million population were tested.
The agency said that a multi-sectoral national Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) activated at Level two continues to coordinate the national response activities.
Meanwhile, the NCDC noted that with the recent surge of COVID-19 cases in the country, Nigerians must all do their part to help minimise instances of exposure.
The agency stressed that every COVID-19 related death was a reminder of the damage COVID-19 could cause when it gets into the community.
While urging Nigerians to get vaccinated, it stressed that the COVID-19 was causing severe illness in people of all ages.
The centre therefore advised Nigerians to get vaccinated now to protect themselves, their friends and community from the virus.
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- CBN Sells Polaris Bank To SCILSpread the loveThe Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has announced the completion of the sale of shares in Polaris Bank to Strategic Capital Investment Limited (SCIL), a new core investor. In a statement signed by its Director, Corporate Communications … Read more
- “No Way Back For You In Man United Squad, Spoilt Brat” – Darren Bent Slams RonaldoSpread the loveDarren Bent, a former Charlton, Tottenham and Sunderland striker, has suggested that the end of Cristiano Ronaldo has come at Manchester United. The former England man said he sees no way the former Real Madrid star can … Read more
- Gunmen Attack Anambra Police Station, Kill Four OfficersSpread the loveUnknown gunmen in the early hours of Wednesday attacked a police station located in Atani, the headquarters of Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State. It was gathered that the gunmen launched the attack on the police … Read more
- Supreme Court Affirms Six-Year Jail Term For Former Director Of Pensions, John YakubuSupreme Court Affirms Six-Year Jail Term For Former Director Of Pensions, John Yakub The Supreme Court has affirmed the six years imprisonment imposed on a former Federal Director of Pensions, Mister John Yakubu, and also ordered him to refund … Read more
- Media Intelligence agency Marks Six years of Operation in NigeriaSpread the loveMedia Intelligence agency Marks Six years of Operation in Nigeria. P+ Measurement Services, Nigeria’s foremost Independent Public Relations measurement and evaluation agency, celebrates its sixth year of effective operation with qualitative offerings for its numerous clients, as it … Read more