Alleged fraud: FG to arraign Dana Air MD, others on Oct. 13
By Gistflash News
June 30, 2021
Dana Air Chairman, Ogoro, elected President, Rimi Old Boys Association
By Gistflash News
Sept 1, 2021
Alhaji Ibrahim Francis Ogoro, Chairman, Dana Air, has been elected President, Rimi (St. John’s) College, Kaduna Old Boys Association.
Ogoro, a 1971 graduate of the 72-year-old institution, emerged president of the association in an election held at its National Convention in Abuja and attended by more than 300 delegates.
Other officers elected in the keenly contested exercise included Mr Mike Reis, Vice President; retired Commodore Daniel Hinga, National Secretary; Mr Dauda Sunama, National Assistant Secretary, and Alhaji Musa Haruna, Treasurer.
Mr Timothy Yusuf was elected Financial Secretary; Mr Hamza Yamel, National Legal Adviser, while Mr Oladele Sanya was elected National Public Relations Officer.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Ogoro replaces Malam Mamman Kabir, Registrar, Surveyor Council of Nigeria, who had served in that capacity for several years.
Earlier at the Convention, Kabir had said that his team achieved a lot while in office, but hinted that the new executive council would inherit “a myriad of problems and challenges”.
“You must quickly start on overdrive mode to reverse these problems; the most daunting of them is the financial status of the association,” he said.
Kabir appealed to the Kaduna State Government to speed up work on the Government Girls’ Secondary School (GGSS), Kawo, Kaduna which was gutted by fire, to end the temporary occupation of Rimi College by students of that school.
Students of Rimi College currently receive lectures in a primary school at Ungwan-Rimi, Kaduna after being ejected to give way to the students of the GGSS.
In his acceptance speech, the new President thanked delegates for the total support and confidence reposed in him, and assured them that all necessary steps would be taken to bring the college back to its former glory.
He commended the outgoing executive council for keeping the flag of the association flying in spite of the numerous challenges it faced.
“The problems will not be solved overnight, but my team will, as a matter of urgency, do everything possible to bring the old boys of the institution under one umbrella,” he said.
FG partners Hungarian coy on aircraft assembly, manufacturing plant
By Gistflash News
Aug 24, 2021
The Federal Government has expressed its readiness to partner the Magnus Aircraft Manufacturing industry in Hungary to establish an assembly plant in the country.
The Minister of Aviation, Sen. Hadi Sirika, said this in a statement by the ministry’s Director, Public Affairs, James Odaudu, in Lagos on Tuesday.
Sirika had expressed the interest of the Federal Government when he paid an inspection visit to the Magnus Aircraft Industry in Pogany, Hungary on Monday.
He said: “if we venture with them, we may start with assembly plant and later manufacturing in the country.
“Magnus aircraft is an aeroplane that is good for military training, has capability for aerobatic maneuvering and is made of fully composite materials with high strength and very light weight.”
Sirika said he was satisfied with the features of the aircraft and was willing to facilitate the production of the aeroplanes in the country.
The minister added that one of the significant features of the Magnus aircraft was that it used normal car petrol and outperformed any training aircraft of its kind.
He said the proposed partnership with the aircraft manufacturer would be subjected to further analysis to verify the market and government’s willingness to partner with a significant amount of money and logistics.
Sirika emphasised that the local production of aircraft in the country would facilitate the growth of Nigeria as a regional aviation super power.
According to him, this will also come with maintenance and repair facilities that will attract patronage from neighbouring countries.
The minister said the present administration had created an attractive environment for international investors in the country, especially in the aviation sector.
He said this included the ongoing implementation of the development roadmap, which placed emphasis on public private partnerships.
Air Peace begins Douala, Ibadan flights Aug. 19- Official
By Gistflash News
Aug 10, 2021
Air Peace, says its scheduled commercial flights from Lagos and Port Harcourt to Douala, capital of Cameroon, will begin on Aug. 19.
Spokesperson of the airline, Mr Stanley Olisa, said in a statement in Lagos on Tuesday that flights on its Abuja-Ibadan route would begin on Aug. 17.
Olisa said the Douala route would operate three days weekly, while Ibadan service would be daily.
“These new routes will be operated with our ultramodern Embraer 195-E2 aircraft and as we take delivery of more brand new E195-E2s, as well as other aircrafts undergoing maintenance abroad, we shall reinstate more routes and open up more connections.”
Olisa said customers could now book for the new routes on the airline’s website, www.flyairpeace.com or its mobile app.
He reiterated Air Peace’s resolve to continue providing peaceful and strategic connectivity, in line with its no-city-left-behind drive.
Olisa said the airline recently resumed most of its regional routes, which were suspended, following the outbreak of COVID-19 and the lockdown that ensued in 2020.
“We have restored our Freetown, Banjul, Dakar and Accra services.”
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Air Peace currently services 17 domestic routes, five regional routes and two international destinations, including Johannesburg, South Africa.
Air Peace also boasts of a mixed fleet of 28 aircrafts, the latest, being three brand new 124-seat capacity E195-E2 jets.
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- CBN Sells Polaris Bank To SCILSpread the loveThe Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has announced the completion of the sale of shares in Polaris Bank to Strategic Capital Investment Limited (SCIL), a new core investor. In a statement signed by its Director, Corporate Communications […]
- “No Way Back For You In Man United Squad, Spoilt Brat” – Darren Bent Slams RonaldoSpread the loveDarren Bent, a former Charlton, Tottenham and Sunderland striker, has suggested that the end of Cristiano Ronaldo has come at Manchester United. The former England man said he sees no way the former Real Madrid star can […]
- Gunmen Attack Anambra Police Station, Kill Four OfficersSpread the love Unknown gunmen in the early hours of Wednesday attacked a police station located in Atani, the headquarters of Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State. It was gathered that the gunmen launched the attack on the […]
- Supreme Court Affirms Six-Year Jail Term For Former Director Of Pensions, John YakubuSupreme Court Affirms Six-Year Jail Term For Former Director Of Pensions, John Yakub The Supreme Court has affirmed the six years imprisonment imposed on a former Federal Director of Pensions, Mister John Yakubu, and also ordered him to refund […]
- Media Intelligence agency Marks Six years of Operation in NigeriaSpread the loveMedia Intelligence agency Marks Six years of Operation in Nigeria. P+ Measurement Services, Nigeria’s foremost Independent Public Relations measurement and evaluation agency, celebrates its sixth year of effective operation with qualitative offerings for its numerous clients, as it […]