Why Nigerian pilgrims will go to Jordan – NCPC boss
By Gistflash News
July 24, 2021
Forum distributes N9m Zakat to 135 indigent Muslims in Oyo
By Gistflash News
Sept 19, 2021
The EIders Consultative Forum of Supreme Council of Shariah, Oyo State, on Sunday distributed Zakat worth N9 million in cash and other valuable items to 135 indigent Muslims in Oyo State.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the beneficiaries selected from across the 33 local government areas of the state include: 21 students, 21 artisans and 93 indigent Muslims .
The items distributed include: domestic and industrial sewing machines, generators, grinding machines, deep freezers, 50 kg gas cylinders, vulcanizing machines and cash.
Speaking during the 9th Zakat distribution of the forum in Ibadan, the Chairman, Alhaji Lasun Sanusi, SAN, said that the initiative was due to the level of poverty in the society, especially among the Muslims.
Sanusi, represented by the forum’s Secretary, Malam Ismail Saka, said that Zakat being one of the five pillars of Islam would help to alleviate the financial difficulties being experienced by indigent Muslims.
The chairman called on wealthy Muslims to comply with Allah’s injunctions by paying Zakat to the needy.
This, he said, was in order to provide lasting solution to restiveness, banditry kidnapping and other crimes in the society.
“It is our belief that if the institution of Zakat is properly harnessed and utilised in accordance with the teachings of Islam, the country will be more comfortable for living for all and sundry,” the chairman said.
Sanusi appreciated those that had contributed to the success of the programme and prayed for Allah’s continued support and blessings upon them.
In his lecture, Dr Ibrahim Uthman, a lecturer in the Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies, University of Ibadan, emphasised on the need for wealthy individuals among the Muslims to pay Zakat.
Uthman said that it was obligatory on wealthy Muslims to pay Zakat which would be distributed to indigent Muslims in society in order to achieve its purpose of eradicating poverty among them.
The chairman of the occasion, Asiwaju Adini of Oyo State, Alhaji Mutiu Oladejo, called on the beneficiaries to judiciously utilise the cash and items given to them.
Oladejo said that the proper utilisation of the Zakat by the beneficiaries would make them give back to the society and also become Zakat givers in the future.
Speaking on behalf of the beneficiaries, Hassan Abdulkareem, commended the organisers for the invaluable gesture and prayed Allah to abundantly replenish the contributors of the Zakat.
Kaduna board refunds Hajj fare to 620 intending pilgrims
By Gistflash News
Sept 16, 2021
The Kaduna State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board, says it has initiated refund of the 2021 Hajj fare to 620 intending pilgrims who indicated interest to collect their deposits.
The Acting Overseer of the board, Hajiya Hannatu Zailani, made the disclosure at the presentation of cheques to the intending pilgrims, on Thursday in Kaduna.
Zailani said that 620 of the 3,938 intending pilgrims applied for the refund of their deposits.
According to her, the refund is sequel to the cancellation of the 2021 Hajj exercise for foreign nationals by the Saudi Arabian authorities occasioned by COVID-19 pandemic.
She said that the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON), had directed ingending pilgrims willing to collect their deposits to do so throught their respective state pilgrims boards.
“Some 620 intending pilgrims applied for the refund. We eqully wrote to the Kaduna State Government for approval to start payment of those who want the refund.
“Those seeking for the refund should handle their cheques with care, be law abiding and observe COVID-19 protocols during the exercise,” she said.
Zailani said that the exercise would be conducted in batches to facilitate its smooth conduct, adding that, “We have three zones, A, B and C. Today we are starting with zone C- Southern Kaduna.”
She advised the remaining intending pilgrims that they could deposit with the board for the 2022 Hajj exercise.
This, she said, would give them advantage over those who registered fresh.
She further advised intending pilgrims to ensure safe keeping of their COVID-19 vaccination cards for future use.
Yobe Hajj Commission refunds N700m to 557 intending pilgrims
By Gistflash News
Aug 13, 2021
Yobe Hajj Commission says it has refunded over N700 million deposits to 557 intending pilgrims for the 2021 Hajj exercise.
Alhaji Bukar Kime, Executive Chairman of the Commission, stated this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), on Friday in Damaturu.
Kime, who is also the Aji-Sudan of the Damaturu Emirate Council, said the figure represented the total refund made as at Aug. 11.
NAN reports that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia had earlier cancelled 2021 Hajj exercise for International Pilgrims including Nigeria, to stem spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Kime urged intending pilgrims wishing to make deposits for the 2022 Hajj exercise, to be patience as the Commission was awaiting further instructions and guidelines from the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON).
He also advised intending pilgrims, especially low income earners, to open saving account with the newly established Jaiz Bank, Damaturu.
“Jaiz Bank is a non-interest bank which partners with NAHCON because it operates under Islamic banking principles.
“Civil servants, small scale traders, artisans and other low income earners can leverage on the opportunity to open an account with the bank and save their Hajj fares in instalment,” Kime said.
The Chairman thanked Gov. Mai Mala-Buni for his overwhelming moral and financial support to the Commission which facilitated effective discharge of its duties.
He further called on the general public to pray for an end to the COVID-19 pandemic to fast track resumption of the normal Hajj activities.
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- CBN Sells Polaris Bank To SCILSpread the loveThe Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has announced the completion of the sale of shares in Polaris Bank to Strategic Capital Investment Limited (SCIL), a new core investor. In a statement signed by its Director, Corporate Communications […]
- “No Way Back For You In Man United Squad, Spoilt Brat” – Darren Bent Slams RonaldoSpread the loveDarren Bent, a former Charlton, Tottenham and Sunderland striker, has suggested that the end of Cristiano Ronaldo has come at Manchester United. The former England man said he sees no way the former Real Madrid star can […]
- Gunmen Attack Anambra Police Station, Kill Four OfficersSpread the love Unknown gunmen in the early hours of Wednesday attacked a police station located in Atani, the headquarters of Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State. It was gathered that the gunmen launched the attack on the […]
- Supreme Court Affirms Six-Year Jail Term For Former Director Of Pensions, John YakubuSupreme Court Affirms Six-Year Jail Term For Former Director Of Pensions, John Yakub The Supreme Court has affirmed the six years imprisonment imposed on a former Federal Director of Pensions, Mister John Yakubu, and also ordered him to refund […]
- Media Intelligence agency Marks Six years of Operation in NigeriaSpread the loveMedia Intelligence agency Marks Six years of Operation in Nigeria. P+ Measurement Services, Nigeria’s foremost Independent Public Relations measurement and evaluation agency, celebrates its sixth year of effective operation with qualitative offerings for its numerous clients, as it […]