Wedding Guests in Benue State Observes Social Distancing
Although Benue state recorded its first case of Coronavirus today March 28th, it didn’t stop this couple who have already fixed their wedding date for March 28th in Benue.
However, this couple and the wedding guests took the option to observe social distancing instead of postponing the date or the missing the wedding.
A Facebook user sent this photo showing how a couple and their guests observed social distancing during the couple’s church wedding in Benue state.
Igboho was chained by Beninese police to prevent him from turning into a cat and escaping – Lawyer
One of the lawyers of Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo popularly known as Igboho has narrated how his client was allegedly chained by Beninese police to prevent him from turning into a cat and escaping after being arrested at an airport in the neighboring country.
Olusegun Falola disclosed that when he got to the custody where Igboho was detained, he was first chained.
According to Falola, the police officers were scared that he could just disappear into the thin air because of his mystical powers.
The lawyer said;
“When I arrived from Paris and got to the custody where Igboho was detained, he was first chained. They were scared that he could just disappear into the thin air because of his mystical powers.
“The police told me that if Igboho’s chains were untied and he escaped mysteriously, he (the police officer) would be stripped of his rank and also dismissed.
“The police officer said he was told that Igboho could disappear or turn into a cat, and many other things were said to the police officers which made them tie him.”
He told The Nation that his timely intervention led to Igboho being unchained by the policemen.
Anglican Church releases statement after a Church Priest kissed 3 female students of St. Monica College
The Anglican Church has reacted to the viral video of one of its priests kissing 3 girls on the mouth.
The girls, who are students of St. Monica College of Education in Ghana, seemed uncomfortable but had to oblige as their priest kissed them on the altar, in front of the entire congregation.
The priest has now been identified as Most Rev’d Dr Cyril Kobina Ben-Smith.
The Anglican Church said that it is “saddened” by the priest’s action and investigation is underway. The Church added that the “Priest would be dealt with in accordance with the norms and values of the Anglican Communion where morality is extremely revered in the Church.”
The statement adds that efforts are being made to “engage the students through counselling sessions to avert any psychological issues that may arise as a result of the viral video”.
See the statement below…
Hushpuppi: Probe panel submits amended report on Kyari
A four-man Special Investigation Panel headed by the Deputy Inspector-General of Police in charge of the Force Criminal Investigations Department, Joseph Egbunike has submitted its report to the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba after being directed to probe former Head, Intelligence Response Team and Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari.
The panel was constituted after Kyari who was indicted in a $1.1m Internet fraud allegedly perpetrated by an Instagram influencer, Abbas Ramon, popularly known as Hushpuppi and four others; AbdulRahman Juma (Abdul); Vincent Kelly Chibuzo (Kelly); Rukayat Motunrayo Fashola (Morayo); and Bolatito Agbabiaka (Bolamide), was suspended by the Police Service Commission and replaced by Tunji Disu.
Punch reported that Kyari who appeared several times before the panel, dismissed the allegations of conniving with Hushpuppi to defraud the Qatari businessman.
The publication added that the SIP sessions with Kyari were relaxed, cordial and gave the DCP the confidence that he would be absolved of the allegations as he and Egbunike have a long term relationship.
It was gathered that Egbunike is Assistant Commissioner of Police in the police Accounts Department where Kyari served for over 15 years.
A panel also told the publication that it submitted the report last week, but it was rejected by the IG for being too lenient on Kyari. A source said;
“The panel concluded its investigation and submitted its report to the IG last Thursday or Friday but the IG rejected it. He was not comfortable with the panel findings and recommendations.”
Vanguard also reported that “a pre-conclusion report was submitted on Friday last week but was returned to the SIP as the Force Management Team sought more clarifications and further explanation on some grey areas.”
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- CBN Sells Polaris Bank To SCILSpread the loveThe Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has announced the completion of the sale of shares in Polaris Bank to Strategic Capital Investment Limited (SCIL), a new core investor. In a statement signed by its Director, Corporate Communications … Read more
- “No Way Back For You In Man United Squad, Spoilt Brat” – Darren Bent Slams RonaldoSpread the loveDarren Bent, a former Charlton, Tottenham and Sunderland striker, has suggested that the end of Cristiano Ronaldo has come at Manchester United. The former England man said he sees no way the former Real Madrid star can … Read more
- Gunmen Attack Anambra Police Station, Kill Four OfficersSpread the loveUnknown gunmen in the early hours of Wednesday attacked a police station located in Atani, the headquarters of Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State. It was gathered that the gunmen launched the attack on the police … Read more
- Supreme Court Affirms Six-Year Jail Term For Former Director Of Pensions, John YakubuSupreme Court Affirms Six-Year Jail Term For Former Director Of Pensions, John Yakub The Supreme Court has affirmed the six years imprisonment imposed on a former Federal Director of Pensions, Mister John Yakubu, and also ordered him to refund … Read more
- Media Intelligence agency Marks Six years of Operation in NigeriaSpread the loveMedia Intelligence agency Marks Six years of Operation in Nigeria. P+ Measurement Services, Nigeria’s foremost Independent Public Relations measurement and evaluation agency, celebrates its sixth year of effective operation with qualitative offerings for its numerous clients, as it … Read more