By Gistflash News
Sept 10, 2021
Gov. Samuel Ortom of Benue has said he will embrace the constitutional provisions concerning the Value Added Tax (VAT) whether they affect his State positively or negatively.
Ortom made this known in an interview with newsmen on Friday in Makurdi.
He commended the Rivers and Lagos States governors for the step they had taken by domesticating the VAT law.
Ortom said he had already directed the Benue Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice to study the law and tell him the implication or otherwise of it.
“I have asked the Attorney-General and commissioner for Justice to study the law and let me know its implication.
“I don’t think there is anything wrong in embracing the law as long as it conforms with the constitution, whether it affects states positively or negatively.
“I support the governors of Rivers and Lagos States for what they are doing.
“Anything that is in tandem with the rule of law I will accept, but if anyone thinks otherwise the best thing to do is to go to court.
“I heard they are in court and if the case is decided otherwise by the Supreme Court we will accept it,” he said.
He further said that zoning was what determined whether a party would win or lose an election.
The governor said that he was confident that his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) would get it right and win the 2023 election overwhelmingly to once again rule Nigeria.
He said that the party was repositioned to give Nigerians the needed freedom they desired, considering what was happening in the country recently.
“There is nothing the APC didn’t promise Nigerians in 2015, I was there but immediately they assumed leadership they did not keep to their promises.
“By October, we will hold our national convention in preparation for the 2023, elections and I believe this time we will get it right.
“I know, and Nigerians also know, that PDP is the only party that will provide them the freedom to exercise their rights without hitches,” he said.
Northern Youths inaugurate Yahaya Bello Presidential Network
By Gistflash News
Sept 22, 2021
Youths from Nigeria’s 19 northern states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) have inaugurated a political pressure group that will work for the realisation of the presidential ambition of Gov. Yahaya Bello of Kogi.
Known as the Yahaya Bello Network (YBN), the group said it would be supporting the governor to emerge the nation’s next president in 2023.
The YBN said Nigerian youths wanted one of them as the nation’s next leader.
At the inauguration on Wednesday in Kaduna, YBN spokesman, Bello Mohammed, said gone were the days when Nigerians talked of politics of region and ethnicity.
“We are supporting Gov. Bello not only because he is our own from the north, but because he is young, vibrant and energetic and has what it takes to lead Nigeria to the promised land.
“There are agitations everywhere, but it is not constitutional as politics is a game of number and Yahaya Bello is a man of quality.
“Nigeria’s presidency is something that has to do with quality and has nothing to do with your religion or background,“ Mohammed said.
The inauguration of the YBN comes barely 72 hours after the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) declared that the region would retain power beyond 2023 as it has the voter population to win the presidential election in 2023.
Inaugurating the executives and ambassadors of YBN, Mohammed described the call by the southern governors for power to return to the South as unconstitutional and uncalled for, insisting that politics is a game of numbers.
He said the leadership of his group would embark on a tour of the 19 northern states to canvass support for the candidature of Bello as Nigeria’s next president.
The Special Adviser on Youth and Student Affairs to the Governor, Ahmed Jibril, said it was a good development that Nigerian youths were now coming on board to identify with a youth like them and seek his election to the exalted position of Nigerian President.
“It is only a plus for us as youths to be calling on Gov. Bello to come and be the number one citizen of Nigeria,” he said.
On the agitation for power shift to the South, Jibril said it was part of democracy.
“Everybody has the right to call for what he wants and it is his opinion.
“If people have seen the youth in Gov. Bello, if they have seen a leader and a unifier of the country in him, then he shall be the President by the grace of God because man proposes but God has the final say,’’ Jibril said.
YBN Secretary-General Salisu Mohammed inaugurated the executives and ambassadors of the group, including notable Kannywood actors and actresses.
He called on them to go and spread the message to others in their respective states.
INEC begins nationwide display of voters register Sept 24, says Ebonyi REC
By Gistflash News
Sept 22, 2021
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says it will commence the first quarter display of Voter Register (VR) across the country on Sept. 24.
Dr Joseph Chukwu, the Ebonyi INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), who stated this at a news conference in Abakaliki, on Wednesday, added that the display will run from Sept. 24 and end on Sept.30.
He urged those that took part in the registration exercise to use the opportunity to cross-check their biodata and any other relevant information and make corrections, where necessary.
Chukwu noted that the exercise was sequel to the end of the first quarter of the Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) that began in June.
The REC, who commended eligible voters for participating in the civic exercise appealed to the citizenry to continue supporting INEC’s activities that would lead to credible elections in 2023.
“Following the completion of the online and physical registrations, which began on June 28 and closed by 11.59p.m on Sept. 21.
“The display of voters’ register for claims and objections will hold effective from Sept. 24 to Sept. 30 for the first quarter.
“The exercise will take place in all the 13 local government offices of the commission, including the two centres at the state headquarters.
“The register will also be on display simultaneously across the 774 local government areas and the Federal Capital Territory, as well as other designated centres.
“All registrants are, therefore, advised to visit centres where they registered or made corrections to check for the correctness of their particulars”, Chukwu said.
He explained that the second quarter of the CVR exercise would begin on Oct. 4 nationwide and end on Dec. 20, while third phase of the exercise would start by Jan. 3, 2022 and close on March 4.
The fourth quarter would begin by April 11, 2022 to end on June 30, 2022.
“Let me on behalf of the Chairman of our commission, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, express our gratitude to all critical stakeholders for their cooperation before, during and after the first quarter of the exercise in Ebonyi.
“Except occasional disruptions by rain, we did not encounter any security breach during the entire exercise throughout the state,” Chukwu said.
Ganduje condoles with Gaya Emirate over Emir’s death
By Gistflash News
Sept 22, 2021
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- Home (41,041)
- Leaked Gay Sex Video: “I feel like I am going to commit suicide”- Nollywood actor, Godwin Maduagu Reacts (14,172)
- Discovery: Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis) (6,636)
- Reality Star, Amara La Negra Flaunts her Nude Body in Swimsuit (4,180)
- JUNE WISSE MIMICKING PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN’S INUAGURAL SPEECH (3,884)
- Court fixes Nov. 17 suit challenging jurisdiction in Okorocha’s suit against Imo GovtSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 The Federal High Court, Abuja, on Wednesday, fixed Nov. 17 to hear application challenging its jurisdiction in the suit filed by former Imo Gov., Rochas Okorocha, against the state government and […]
- Northern Youths inaugurate Yahaya Bello Presidential NetworkSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 Youths from Nigeria’s 19 northern states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) have inaugurated a political pressure group that will work for the realisation of the presidential ambition of Gov. Yahaya […]
- Kano State records 11,475 cholera cases, 329 deaths – OfficialSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 Kano State has so far recorded no fewer than 11,475 suspected cholera cases from March to date with the death of 329 people. The Disease Surveillance and Notification Officer (DSNO) of […]
- FEC approves N836m augmentation for 38 COVID-19 oxygen plantsSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved N836million as augmentation for the establishment of oxygen production plants for COVID-19 pandemic intervention across the country. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports […]
- SMEDAN introduces Entrepreneurship as a subject to primary, secondary schoolsSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 The Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN) began a capacity building workshop on entrepreneurship for primary and secondary schools teachers in Bayelsa on Wednesday. Its South-South Coordinator, Mr […]
- News4 days ago
President Buhari attends UN General Assembly in New York
- News2 days ago
Nigeria’s unity unshakeable – FG
- Education2 days ago
FG to reconsider South East candidates who missed 2021 WASSCE
- Foreign2 days ago
London opens underground extension
- Politics2 days ago
“The exclusion of youths in sensitive and serious matters within the party is begining to choke us”- PDP Unity Forum
- News6 days ago
Sea piracy drops by 80% on Nigerian waters – NIMASA DG
- News5 days ago
Senate President bags chieftaincy title in Iyin-Ekiti
- News5 days ago
Miyetti Allah chairman dies in the hands of kidnappers — official