The US recently announced the extension of visa restriction to six more countries, which includes; Nigeria, Eritrea, Sudan, Tanzania, Kyrgyzstan and Myanmar.
The United States government has given the federal government conditions under which the recent visa policy affecting six countries could be reviewed which is:
“Once Nigeria improves her data intelligence, such that it would be easy to investigate any immigrant wishing to visit the United States and meet information sharing systems, the ban might likely be reviewed.”
The US Ambassador to Nigeria, Her Excellency, Mary Beth Leonard, restated this yesterday when she paid a courtesy visit to the Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, at the ministry’s headquarters, Abuja but people from those countries will still be able to visit the US as tourists.
Mrs. Leonard explained that the immigration policy does not affect people currently resident in the US.
She said: “I think I need to clarify something for you here. The immigrant visa ban does not affect people who are currently resident in the US. It does not cancel the status of anyone currently in the US.”
“What Secretary Pompey said was something that was meant to be temporary. And it is about problems with information sharing which are investigable, achievable and resolveable and we look forward to Nigeria in a very short while being able to meet those information sharing goals so that the decision can be reviewed. She also stated that “Students’ visas are not affected by the current visa ban”.
On diversification policy, the US Ambassador to Nigeria said there was need for Nigerians with skills to export them so that we will not be seen as illegal immigrants when we go abroad to work. One undeniable fact about Nigeria is that we have interesting story about diversification of our economy, prosperity and the people. We are known at home and abroad for our industriousness. We want to go out as formalized persons, whether as carpenters, electricians, welders etc. because we have skills acquisition centres which currently being upgraded so that the certificates will be internationally accepted.
If the US Government’s condition for the review of the Visa Ban Policy is the only option for Nigerians, I think is a positive challenge for the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) and Federal Ministry of Communication and Digital Economy to upgrade the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Sector of Nigeria. We have capable youths who can programme and design these information sharing systems who are yet to be discovered or outsource vendors with this expertise; though this might take few years but actually its worth doing as a country aiming to move from the “developing countries category” to the “developed countries category”.
The US government condition might be harsh but in a way they are challenging Nigeria to be better and more coordinated in our operations.
Taliban leader says not less than 200 people in panjshir surrendered weapons
By Gistflash News
Sept 6, 2021
less than 200 people including 30 commanders surrendered to the Taliban in the Panjshir Province in Afghanistan, and their weapons and ammunition were seized by the militants, Taliban’s senior leader, Amir Khan Muttaqi, said on Monday.
“In Panjshir, 200 people including 30 commanders surrendered to the Islamic Emirate with their weapons and ammunition,’’ Muttaqi wrote on Twitter.
Earlier in the day, the Taliban claimed taking full control of Panjshir, while the National Resistance Front denied the claims as false, stressing that fighting was still underway.
Dana Air Chairman, Ogoro, elected President, Rimi Old Boys Association
By Gistflash News
Sept 1, 2021
Alhaji Ibrahim Francis Ogoro, Chairman, Dana Air, has been elected President, Rimi (St. John’s) College, Kaduna Old Boys Association.
Ogoro, a 1971 graduate of the 72-year-old institution, emerged president of the association in an election held at its National Convention in Abuja and attended by more than 300 delegates.
Other officers elected in the keenly contested exercise included Mr Mike Reis, Vice President; retired Commodore Daniel Hinga, National Secretary; Mr Dauda Sunama, National Assistant Secretary, and Alhaji Musa Haruna, Treasurer.
Mr Timothy Yusuf was elected Financial Secretary; Mr Hamza Yamel, National Legal Adviser, while Mr Oladele Sanya was elected National Public Relations Officer.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Ogoro replaces Malam Mamman Kabir, Registrar, Surveyor Council of Nigeria, who had served in that capacity for several years.
Earlier at the Convention, Kabir had said that his team achieved a lot while in office, but hinted that the new executive council would inherit “a myriad of problems and challenges”.
“You must quickly start on overdrive mode to reverse these problems; the most daunting of them is the financial status of the association,” he said.
Kabir appealed to the Kaduna State Government to speed up work on the Government Girls’ Secondary School (GGSS), Kawo, Kaduna which was gutted by fire, to end the temporary occupation of Rimi College by students of that school.
Students of Rimi College currently receive lectures in a primary school at Ungwan-Rimi, Kaduna after being ejected to give way to the students of the GGSS.
In his acceptance speech, the new President thanked delegates for the total support and confidence reposed in him, and assured them that all necessary steps would be taken to bring the college back to its former glory.
He commended the outgoing executive council for keeping the flag of the association flying in spite of the numerous challenges it faced.
“The problems will not be solved overnight, but my team will, as a matter of urgency, do everything possible to bring the old boys of the institution under one umbrella,” he said.
Ganduje presents staff of office to Emir of Bichi, Nasiru Ado-Bayero
By Gistflash News
Aug 21, 2021
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State, on Saturday, presented Staff of Office to the Emir of Bichi, Alhaji Nasiru Ado-Bayero, as the second Emir of Bichi.
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- Home (40,603)
- Leaked Gay Sex Video: “I feel like I am going to commit suicide”- Nollywood actor, Godwin Maduagu Reacts (14,172)
- Discovery: Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis) (6,636)
- Reality Star, Amara La Negra Flaunts her Nude Body in Swimsuit (4,180)
- JUNE WISSE MIMICKING PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN’S INUAGURAL SPEECH (3,884)
- I spent over N6m to treat COVID-19 – Actor Pete Edochie’s sonSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 Uche Edochie, son of Veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie has said that he spent over N6 million to treat COVID-19 virus at an isolation treatment facility in Gbagada in Lagos. Edochie […]
- President Buhari attends UN General Assembly in New YorkSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 President Muhammadu Buhari will depart Abuja on Sunday for New York, United States of America, to participate in the 76th Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA76). The session opened […]
- Police arrest 259 suspects over alleged banditry, kidnapping culpable homicide in NigerSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 Police arrested about 259 suspects over banditry, kidnapping, culpable homicide, rape, farmers/herders conflicts and other crimes in Niger in August. Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Monday Kuryas, told the […]
- Miyetti Allah chairman dies in the hands of kidnappers — officialSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 Miyetti Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) has announced the death of Alhaji Abubakar Abdullahi, also known as Danbardi, the association’s Chairman in Lere Local Government Area of Kaduna State. The […]
- Group debunks Fani-Kayode’s claim of planned defection by 3 governorsSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 17, 2021 The Northern Youths Leaders Forum (NYLF) says Gov. Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State has not and will never defect to APC as claimed by the party’s latest entrant, Femi Fani-Kayode The […]
- Sports4 days ago
Pele to leave intensive care this week, daughter says
- Crime6 days ago
NDLEA Seizes over 24,311kg of Fresh Heroin, Codeine, Cannabis at MMIA and Tincan Seaport
- News6 days ago
Sit-at-home, against Igbo interest, says Nnamani
- Foreign4 days ago
Taliban deny their deputy prime minister, Mullah Baradar, is dead
- News3 days ago
Stamp Duty: no recoveries yet – Malami writes 36 Governors
- News5 days ago
40MW Dadinkowa power project to receive FG intervention – Minister
- News4 days ago
Sit-at-home order in South-East counter-productive, says Orji Kalu
- Education5 days ago
Nigeria hosts 33rd UNESCO summit to enhance biodiversity conservation