By Gistflash News
July 8, 2021
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports hundreds of people from different cultures and countries lined up on Thursday to pay last respect to the SCOAN founder.
Nasarawa State Deputy Governor, Dr Emmanuel Akabe Empowers 330 vulnerable women with the sum of N3.3 million
By Gistflash News
Sept 19, 2021
Nasarawa State Deputy Governor, Dr Emmanuel Akabe, has empowered 330 vulnerable women in the state with the sum of N3.3 million to improve on their livelihood.
The beneficiaries who got N10,000 each are mostly widows drawn from Doma, Lafia and Obi Local Government Areas (LGAs) of the state.
Akabe, while disbursing the funds to the beneficiaries on Sunday in Obi Local Government Area, said the gesture was to enable them to start petty businesses to support their families and sponsor their children in school.
He said that the selected beneficiaries were those already into petty businesses with a view of assisting them to grow.
Akabe said the gesture was in furtherance of Governor Abdullahi Sule-led administration’s commitment to bring women and youth out of poverty.
“I will monitor to ensure that all of you use the money judiciously in growing your businesses.
“If I discover that you use it well, next year I will give all those who do well more support to grow their businesses,” Akabe said.
He said that the gesture would soon be replicated in Keana and Awe LGAs, all in Nassarawa South senatorial zone.
“I have the phone numbers of all the beneficiaries, therefore, I will be calling them regularly to know how they are doing,” he said.
Also speaking at the event, Hajiya Sahadatu Yahaya, and All Progressives Congress (APC) stakeholder in the area commended the deputy governor for the gesture.
Hajiya Yahaya who is a former Chairman of Obi LGA, said the gesture was novel from a sitting deputy governor and urged the beneficiaries not to betray the trust by ensuring judicious use of the money.
Hauwa Dantsoho, who expressed gratitude to the deputy governor on behalf of the beneficiaries, assured that they would use the funds judiciously.
Abraham Chukwudi Nneji Foundation holds scholarship exam for indigent students in Enugu
A non-governmental organisation, Dr. Abraham Chukwudi Nneji Foundation has announced scholarship opportunity for indigent students in Enugu
to study in any higher institution of their choice.
A statement issued by the foundation indicates that the offer comes with full scholarship.
According to the Foundation, beneficiaries will be selected after a screening test which will be conducted online through https://cedinitiative.org/apply/.
The statement disclosed that the examination will hold from the 1st to 8th of October 2021.
According to the statement, over 10,000 secondary school students have already been provided with resources for the scholarship examination and will be joined by other interested secondary school leavers in the online examination which will be hosted by CED Initiative and will last for 45 minutes.
Dr. Abraham Chukwudi Nneji Foundation advised interested indigent students who wish to participate in the scholarship examination to download the study materials from https://cedinitiative.org/careerguide/
Interested participants are equally directed to contact 09023353080 in case of any inquiries.
The statement reads;
“Dr. Abraham Chukwudi Nneji Foundation will be offering indigent but bright children of Enugu State the opportunity to study in the university/ polytechnic with a full scholarship. The over 10,000 secondary school pupils who have been provided with resources for the scholarship exam will be joined by other interested secondary school leavers in an online exam that will be hosted by CEDInitiative”.
Date: 1st – 8th October, 2021
“Please note that the study material for the scholarship is available for free download by clicking on the link: https://cedinitiative.org/careerguide/”
For further inquiries, contact 09023353080
Signed: Dr. Abraham Chukwudi Nneji Foundation.
Lagos govt set to ease home ownership
By Gistflash News
July 16, 2021
Lagos State Government says it is upscaling its housing delivery performance and subsidising the cost of the homes to reduce the barrier to home ownership in the state.
Lagos State Commissioner for Housing, Mr Moruf Akinderu-Fatai, made this known on Friday in a statement signed by Mrs Adeola Salako, Spokesperson of the ministry.
The commissioner said this was a response to the growing gap in housing demand in relation to the available accommodation in the state.
Akinderu-Fatai said the government was committed to the provision of affordable mass housing units in spite of the increasing cost of building materials occasioned by the current inflationary trend.
He said that Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu had directed that cost of homes built by the state should be lower than the market price to make home ownership easier for the people.
Akinderu-Fatai said that the government was pursuing the agenda of housing provision with increased vigour to ensure that more homes are available for residents before the end of the year.
“We are engaging multinationals along with other Ministries, Departments and Agencies to build and support the financing of buildings in the state.
“This is the viable option, given the fact that land is a limited resource in the state,” he said.
He said with population upsurge, meaningful impact could be achieved through space maximisation by the construction of high-rise buildings where progress was being recorded.
According to him, the state’s housing schemes, located in Odo-Onosa Ayandelu, Agbowa, Sangotedo Phase 1, Gbagada and Omole Phase 1, will be delivered soon.
The commissioner explained that the projects were being financed through direct budgetary allocation for the benefit of low and middle-income earners to come on the home ownership ladder.
He said this would be accomplished through a convenient mortgage system where homes shall be allocated through the Rent-to-Home Scheme and whereby the tenure of payment would be 120 months.
Akinderu-Fatai said that an initial payment of five per cent of the value of the homes by the allottees was required before spreading the balance.
He listed other schemes that were being constructed through direct budgetary allocation to include Egan-Igando, LASU, Ita-Marun in Epe and Ajara.
The commissioner said though these schemes were inherited from previous administrations, the government was committed to speedy delivery in line with the THEMES agenda.
“Housing provision is pivotal to the transformation of the lives of the people,” Akinderu-Fatai said.
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- Home (41,045)
- Leaked Gay Sex Video: “I feel like I am going to commit suicide”- Nollywood actor, Godwin Maduagu Reacts (14,172)
- Discovery: Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis) (6,636)
- Reality Star, Amara La Negra Flaunts her Nude Body in Swimsuit (4,180)
- JUNE WISSE MIMICKING PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN’S INUAGURAL SPEECH (3,884)
- Court fixes Nov. 17 suit challenging jurisdiction in Okorocha’s suit against Imo GovtSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 The Federal High Court, Abuja, on Wednesday, fixed Nov. 17 to hear application challenging its jurisdiction in the suit filed by former Imo Gov., Rochas Okorocha, against the state government and […]
- Northern Youths inaugurate Yahaya Bello Presidential NetworkSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 Youths from Nigeria’s 19 northern states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) have inaugurated a political pressure group that will work for the realisation of the presidential ambition of Gov. Yahaya […]
- Kano State records 11,475 cholera cases, 329 deaths – OfficialSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 Kano State has so far recorded no fewer than 11,475 suspected cholera cases from March to date with the death of 329 people. The Disease Surveillance and Notification Officer (DSNO) of […]
- FEC approves N836m augmentation for 38 COVID-19 oxygen plantsSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved N836million as augmentation for the establishment of oxygen production plants for COVID-19 pandemic intervention across the country. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports […]
- SMEDAN introduces Entrepreneurship as a subject to primary, secondary schoolsSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 The Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN) began a capacity building workshop on entrepreneurship for primary and secondary schools teachers in Bayelsa on Wednesday. Its South-South Coordinator, Mr […]
- News4 days ago
President Buhari attends UN General Assembly in New York
- News2 days ago
Nigeria’s unity unshakeable – FG
- Education2 days ago
FG to reconsider South East candidates who missed 2021 WASSCE
- Foreign2 days ago
London opens underground extension
- Politics2 days ago
“The exclusion of youths in sensitive and serious matters within the party is begining to choke us”- PDP Unity Forum
- News5 days ago
Senate President bags chieftaincy title in Iyin-Ekiti
- News7 days ago
Sea piracy drops by 80% on Nigerian waters – NIMASA DG
- News5 days ago
Miyetti Allah chairman dies in the hands of kidnappers — official