One measure of life is not how we see ourselves but how others see us. To be specific, how others need us, and the roles we play in relationships that we create. We can think of these roles from the greatest amount of power to the control of the weakest. Your value system in one way or the other determines the kind of relationships you give in to. I will Draw your attention to some few facts in relationship via the different relationship categories you can find yourself;
- The Needy: Some will look up to you to hold them up, bail them out, take over when they are overwhelmed, and make things right. You may take on this role because it is part of your values —Helping the needy — but this may be the allure of being needed. This relationship is unbalanced. The danger is that you get burned out, that you don’t feel appreciated or that they eventually outgrow you, leaving you alone and looking for someone else to save.
- The Helper: You’re the guy everyone always hits up to be on that church committee, to run the bake sale for the PTA, to be the assistant coach for the kids’ soccer team. Unlike the Needy, you’re not saving anyone, but like them, helping may be part of your values and feeling needing may draw you in. You also may have a difficult time saying no and setting boundaries, thereby making yourself a man-pleaser. The danger here is this; you will burnout with periodic resentment because you’re doing the heavy lifting when others are not, or because everyone seems to take you for granted.
- The Decision-maker: Others turn to you for your knowledge, your leadership, your ability to be the final word on big decisions. There are several variations. In the most positive version, others respect you and see you as a sage because of your experience and/or age. Some others may come to you because they see you as a drill sergeant who is in control and runs a tight ship, and they are afraid to make independent decisions. In a milder version, they are not afraid, but through your attitude and direction, you have trained others to be dependent on you. The down side of this category is – You get control at the cost of having to be responsible for and often essentially do it all. Like the others, you can get burned out, resentful, or upset when others leave because they are tired of your control and/or outgrow you.
- The Confidant: You’re easy to talk to and to open up to, and people share their secrets and troubles with you. You may not offer wisdom that much but offer honest and healing listening. Empathy comes with your personality. Like the others, your values include helping others. You appreciate the intimacy. Like the Needy category, the relationship can be unbalanced, and intimacy may be one-sided. You give, but maybe you don’t get or at least don’t get much.
- Balanced Intimacy: In this category, it is “give and take” and “helping and being helped”. This is relatively balanced, and the intimacy is two-sided. You have the desire for balance and the ability to be sensitive to others but able to set boundaries; there is no strong need to be in charge, be in control or be important. 80% of human are involved in this kind of relationship while the remaining 20% is involved in the other categories consciously or unconsciously.
- The “Self- centered”: Here, People don’t seem to need you. People don’t see you as reliable, or they believe that you are too preoccupied with your own issues or needy. Or you seem to put up emotional walls and set firm boundaries, creating a sense of self-sufficiency and detachment that keeps others from approaching you. You too are in unbalanced relationships in which you take but don’t give much back, which causes resentment and burnout in others because your emotional walls radiate negative energy while your dependency on others makes you fearful of their pulling away. And if you adopt the self-sufficiency stance you may avoid the burnout or resentment of the other roles, but at the cost of isolation and a lack of true intimacy.
Every human being on this earth fall under one or more of these categories. It’s necessary to figure out which category is predominant with you, check the downsides and upsides, and resolve to making your relationship experience a better one. Also, this will help you in self-discovery and development. Valentine is here!!! Everyone needs a show of love one way or the other and understanding these categories of relationships will help you in improving your relationship.
Nasarawa State Deputy Governor, Dr Emmanuel Akabe Empowers 330 vulnerable women with the sum of N3.3 million
By Gistflash News
Sept 19, 2021
Nasarawa State Deputy Governor, Dr Emmanuel Akabe, has empowered 330 vulnerable women in the state with the sum of N3.3 million to improve on their livelihood.
The beneficiaries who got N10,000 each are mostly widows drawn from Doma, Lafia and Obi Local Government Areas (LGAs) of the state.
Akabe, while disbursing the funds to the beneficiaries on Sunday in Obi Local Government Area, said the gesture was to enable them to start petty businesses to support their families and sponsor their children in school.
He said that the selected beneficiaries were those already into petty businesses with a view of assisting them to grow.
Akabe said the gesture was in furtherance of Governor Abdullahi Sule-led administration’s commitment to bring women and youth out of poverty.
“I will monitor to ensure that all of you use the money judiciously in growing your businesses.
“If I discover that you use it well, next year I will give all those who do well more support to grow their businesses,” Akabe said.
He said that the gesture would soon be replicated in Keana and Awe LGAs, all in Nassarawa South senatorial zone.
“I have the phone numbers of all the beneficiaries, therefore, I will be calling them regularly to know how they are doing,” he said.
Also speaking at the event, Hajiya Sahadatu Yahaya, and All Progressives Congress (APC) stakeholder in the area commended the deputy governor for the gesture.
Hajiya Yahaya who is a former Chairman of Obi LGA, said the gesture was novel from a sitting deputy governor and urged the beneficiaries not to betray the trust by ensuring judicious use of the money.
Hauwa Dantsoho, who expressed gratitude to the deputy governor on behalf of the beneficiaries, assured that they would use the funds judiciously.
Abraham Chukwudi Nneji Foundation holds scholarship exam for indigent students in Enugu
A non-governmental organisation, Dr. Abraham Chukwudi Nneji Foundation has announced scholarship opportunity for indigent students in Enugu
to study in any higher institution of their choice.
A statement issued by the foundation indicates that the offer comes with full scholarship.
According to the Foundation, beneficiaries will be selected after a screening test which will be conducted online through https://cedinitiative.org/apply/.
The statement disclosed that the examination will hold from the 1st to 8th of October 2021.
According to the statement, over 10,000 secondary school students have already been provided with resources for the scholarship examination and will be joined by other interested secondary school leavers in the online examination which will be hosted by CED Initiative and will last for 45 minutes.
Dr. Abraham Chukwudi Nneji Foundation advised interested indigent students who wish to participate in the scholarship examination to download the study materials from https://cedinitiative.org/careerguide/
Interested participants are equally directed to contact 09023353080 in case of any inquiries.
The statement reads;
“Dr. Abraham Chukwudi Nneji Foundation will be offering indigent but bright children of Enugu State the opportunity to study in the university/ polytechnic with a full scholarship. The over 10,000 secondary school pupils who have been provided with resources for the scholarship exam will be joined by other interested secondary school leavers in an online exam that will be hosted by CEDInitiative”.
Date: 1st – 8th October, 2021
“Please note that the study material for the scholarship is available for free download by clicking on the link: https://cedinitiative.org/careerguide/”
For further inquiries, contact 09023353080
Signed: Dr. Abraham Chukwudi Nneji Foundation.
Lagos govt set to ease home ownership
By Gistflash News
July 16, 2021
Lagos State Government says it is upscaling its housing delivery performance and subsidising the cost of the homes to reduce the barrier to home ownership in the state.
Lagos State Commissioner for Housing, Mr Moruf Akinderu-Fatai, made this known on Friday in a statement signed by Mrs Adeola Salako, Spokesperson of the ministry.
The commissioner said this was a response to the growing gap in housing demand in relation to the available accommodation in the state.
Akinderu-Fatai said the government was committed to the provision of affordable mass housing units in spite of the increasing cost of building materials occasioned by the current inflationary trend.
He said that Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu had directed that cost of homes built by the state should be lower than the market price to make home ownership easier for the people.
Akinderu-Fatai said that the government was pursuing the agenda of housing provision with increased vigour to ensure that more homes are available for residents before the end of the year.
“We are engaging multinationals along with other Ministries, Departments and Agencies to build and support the financing of buildings in the state.
“This is the viable option, given the fact that land is a limited resource in the state,” he said.
He said with population upsurge, meaningful impact could be achieved through space maximisation by the construction of high-rise buildings where progress was being recorded.
According to him, the state’s housing schemes, located in Odo-Onosa Ayandelu, Agbowa, Sangotedo Phase 1, Gbagada and Omole Phase 1, will be delivered soon.
The commissioner explained that the projects were being financed through direct budgetary allocation for the benefit of low and middle-income earners to come on the home ownership ladder.
He said this would be accomplished through a convenient mortgage system where homes shall be allocated through the Rent-to-Home Scheme and whereby the tenure of payment would be 120 months.
Akinderu-Fatai said that an initial payment of five per cent of the value of the homes by the allottees was required before spreading the balance.
He listed other schemes that were being constructed through direct budgetary allocation to include Egan-Igando, LASU, Ita-Marun in Epe and Ajara.
The commissioner said though these schemes were inherited from previous administrations, the government was committed to speedy delivery in line with the THEMES agenda.
“Housing provision is pivotal to the transformation of the lives of the people,” Akinderu-Fatai said.
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- CBN Sells Polaris Bank To SCILSpread the loveThe Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has announced the completion of the sale of shares in Polaris Bank to Strategic Capital Investment Limited (SCIL), a new core investor. In a statement signed by its Director, Corporate Communications … Read more
- “No Way Back For You In Man United Squad, Spoilt Brat” – Darren Bent Slams RonaldoSpread the loveDarren Bent, a former Charlton, Tottenham and Sunderland striker, has suggested that the end of Cristiano Ronaldo has come at Manchester United. The former England man said he sees no way the former Real Madrid star can … Read more
- Gunmen Attack Anambra Police Station, Kill Four OfficersSpread the loveUnknown gunmen in the early hours of Wednesday attacked a police station located in Atani, the headquarters of Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State. It was gathered that the gunmen launched the attack on the police … Read more
- Supreme Court Affirms Six-Year Jail Term For Former Director Of Pensions, John YakubuSupreme Court Affirms Six-Year Jail Term For Former Director Of Pensions, John Yakub The Supreme Court has affirmed the six years imprisonment imposed on a former Federal Director of Pensions, Mister John Yakubu, and also ordered him to refund … Read more
- Media Intelligence agency Marks Six years of Operation in NigeriaSpread the loveMedia Intelligence agency Marks Six years of Operation in Nigeria. P+ Measurement Services, Nigeria’s foremost Independent Public Relations measurement and evaluation agency, celebrates its sixth year of effective operation with qualitative offerings for its numerous clients, as it … Read more