One measure of life is not how we see ourselves but how others see us. To be specific, how others need us, and the roles we play in relationships that we create. We can think of these roles from the greatest amount of power to the control of the weakest. Your value system in one way or the other determines the kind of relationships you give in to. I will Draw your attention to some few facts in relationship via the different relationship categories you can find yourself;
- The Needy: Some will look up to you to hold them up, bail them out, take over when they are overwhelmed, and make things right. You may take on this role because it is part of your values —Helping the needy — but this may be the allure of being needed. This relationship is unbalanced. The danger is that you get burned out, that you don’t feel appreciated or that they eventually outgrow you, leaving you alone and looking for someone else to save.
- The Helper: You’re the guy everyone always hits up to be on that church committee, to run the bake sale for the PTA, to be the assistant coach for the kids’ soccer team. Unlike the Needy, you’re not saving anyone, but like them, helping may be part of your values and feeling needing may draw you in. You also may have a difficult time saying no and setting boundaries, thereby making yourself a man-pleaser. The danger here is this; you will burnout with periodic resentment because you’re doing the heavy lifting when others are not, or because everyone seems to take you for granted.
- The Decision-maker: Others turn to you for your knowledge, your leadership, your ability to be the final word on big decisions. There are several variations. In the most positive version, others respect you and see you as a sage because of your experience and/or age. Some others may come to you because they see you as a drill sergeant who is in control and runs a tight ship, and they are afraid to make independent decisions. In a milder version, they are not afraid, but through your attitude and direction, you have trained others to be dependent on you. The down side of this category is – You get control at the cost of having to be responsible for and often essentially do it all. Like the others, you can get burned out, resentful, or upset when others leave because they are tired of your control and/or outgrow you.
- The Confidant: You’re easy to talk to and to open up to, and people share their secrets and troubles with you. You may not offer wisdom that much but offer honest and healing listening. Empathy comes with your personality. Like the others, your values include helping others. You appreciate the intimacy. Like the Needy category, the relationship can be unbalanced, and intimacy may be one-sided. You give, but maybe you don’t get or at least don’t get much.
- Balanced Intimacy: In this category, it is “give and take” and “helping and being helped”. This is relatively balanced, and the intimacy is two-sided. You have the desire for balance and the ability to be sensitive to others but able to set boundaries; there is no strong need to be in charge, be in control or be important. 80% of human are involved in this kind of relationship while the remaining 20% is involved in the other categories consciously or unconsciously.
- The “Self- centered”: Here, People don’t seem to need you. People don’t see you as reliable, or they believe that you are too preoccupied with your own issues or needy. Or you seem to put up emotional walls and set firm boundaries, creating a sense of self-sufficiency and detachment that keeps others from approaching you. You too are in unbalanced relationships in which you take but don’t give much back, which causes resentment and burnout in others because your emotional walls radiate negative energy while your dependency on others makes you fearful of their pulling away. And if you adopt the self-sufficiency stance you may avoid the burnout or resentment of the other roles, but at the cost of isolation and a lack of true intimacy.
Every human being on this earth fall under one or more of these categories. It’s necessary to figure out which category is predominant with you, check the downsides and upsides, and resolve to making your relationship experience a better one. Also, this will help you in self-discovery and development. Valentine is here!!! Everyone needs a show of love one way or the other and understanding these categories of relationships will help you in improving your relationship.
Lagos govt set to ease home ownership
By Gistflash News
July 16, 2021
Lagos State Government says it is upscaling its housing delivery performance and subsidising the cost of the homes to reduce the barrier to home ownership in the state.
Lagos State Commissioner for Housing, Mr Moruf Akinderu-Fatai, made this known on Friday in a statement signed by Mrs Adeola Salako, Spokesperson of the ministry.
The commissioner said this was a response to the growing gap in housing demand in relation to the available accommodation in the state.
Akinderu-Fatai said the government was committed to the provision of affordable mass housing units in spite of the increasing cost of building materials occasioned by the current inflationary trend.
He said that Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu had directed that cost of homes built by the state should be lower than the market price to make home ownership easier for the people.
Akinderu-Fatai said that the government was pursuing the agenda of housing provision with increased vigour to ensure that more homes are available for residents before the end of the year.
“We are engaging multinationals along with other Ministries, Departments and Agencies to build and support the financing of buildings in the state.
“This is the viable option, given the fact that land is a limited resource in the state,” he said.
He said with population upsurge, meaningful impact could be achieved through space maximisation by the construction of high-rise buildings where progress was being recorded.
According to him, the state’s housing schemes, located in Odo-Onosa Ayandelu, Agbowa, Sangotedo Phase 1, Gbagada and Omole Phase 1, will be delivered soon.
The commissioner explained that the projects were being financed through direct budgetary allocation for the benefit of low and middle-income earners to come on the home ownership ladder.
He said this would be accomplished through a convenient mortgage system where homes shall be allocated through the Rent-to-Home Scheme and whereby the tenure of payment would be 120 months.
Akinderu-Fatai said that an initial payment of five per cent of the value of the homes by the allottees was required before spreading the balance.
He listed other schemes that were being constructed through direct budgetary allocation to include Egan-Igando, LASU, Ita-Marun in Epe and Ajara.
The commissioner said though these schemes were inherited from previous administrations, the government was committed to speedy delivery in line with the THEMES agenda.
“Housing provision is pivotal to the transformation of the lives of the people,” Akinderu-Fatai said.
Tributes, tears as multitude views TB Joshua’s corpse
By Gistflash News
July 8, 2021
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports hundreds of people from different cultures and countries lined up on Thursday to pay last respect to the SCOAN founder.
Ensure Kano remains home to all Nigerians, Buhari tells new Kano emir
By Gistflash News
July 4, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari has urged the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado-Bayero, to ensure that Kano remained home to all Nigerians, regardless of their religion, tribe and ethnic affiliations.
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
- 237,506 hits
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
get post notifications
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- Home (28,884)
- Leaked Gay Sex Video: “I feel like I am going to commit suicide”- Nollywood actor, Godwin Maduagu Reacts (9,298)
- Discovery: Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis) (6,485)
- Reality Star, Amara La Negra Flaunts her Nude Body in Swimsuit (3,970)
- JUNE WISSE MIMICKING PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN’S INUAGURAL SPEECH (3,774)
- Security6 days ago
Police rescue 100 kidnapped victims in Zamfara
- Entertainment6 days ago
The Final Stage of Voice Nigeria musical contest Reality TV Show
- Judiciary4 days ago
Man beats wife to death in Adamawa over N1,000
- Judiciary4 days ago
BREAKING: Court orders DSS to produce detained Igboho’s aides in court on July 29
- News4 days ago
Buhari tasks contractors on CSR
- Agriculture4 days ago
Angry Indian farmers gather near parliament to protest over farm laws
- Health6 days ago
A’Ibom Govt to boost primary healthcare with N300m – Commissioner
- News6 days ago
Eid-el-Kabir: 10 die in lone crash in Kwara