Brad Williams, a popular American stand-up comedian raised $700,000 to send Bullied Quaden Bayles to Disneyland and the family rejected it.
Last week, an online fundraising campaign, ‘Let’s Send a Wonderful Kid to Disneyland’ was set up by a US comedian, Brad Williams- who also has dwarfism after the boy’s mother shared an emotional video of him crying and saying he wanted to die after he was bullied at school.
The 9-year-old Quaden Bayles from Austrialia became a global sensation after the video went viral. He received an outpouring of support with more than 20,000 donors from across the world donating $723,000 to give Quaden’s family the special treat.
But it has now been revealed that Bayles’ family have turned down the trip, saying that the money should be donated to charity to help combat bullying and suicide.
“What kid wouldn’t want to go to Disneyland, especially if you have lived Quaden’s life,” his aunt Mundanara told NITV News. But my sister said “you know what, let’s get back to the real issue”. This little fella has been bullied. How many suicides, black or white, in our society have happened due to bullying.
‘So as much as we want to go to Disneyland, I think our community would benefit more from that. ‘said Bayles mom.
It was a thoughtful decision by the family of Quaden Bayles to give back the money to the community organizations that really need it. They know what the money should be spent on.
Abraham Chukwudi Nneji Foundation holds scholarship exam for indigent students in Enugu
A non-governmental organisation, Dr. Abraham Chukwudi Nneji Foundation has announced scholarship opportunity for indigent students in Enugu
to study in any higher institution of their choice.
A statement issued by the foundation indicates that the offer comes with full scholarship.
According to the Foundation, beneficiaries will be selected after a screening test which will be conducted online through https://cedinitiative.org/apply/.
The statement disclosed that the examination will hold from the 1st to 8th of October 2021.
According to the statement, over 10,000 secondary school students have already been provided with resources for the scholarship examination and will be joined by other interested secondary school leavers in the online examination which will be hosted by CED Initiative and will last for 45 minutes.
Dr. Abraham Chukwudi Nneji Foundation advised interested indigent students who wish to participate in the scholarship examination to download the study materials from https://cedinitiative.org/careerguide/
Interested participants are equally directed to contact 09023353080 in case of any inquiries.
The statement reads;
“Dr. Abraham Chukwudi Nneji Foundation will be offering indigent but bright children of Enugu State the opportunity to study in the university/ polytechnic with a full scholarship. The over 10,000 secondary school pupils who have been provided with resources for the scholarship exam will be joined by other interested secondary school leavers in an online exam that will be hosted by CEDInitiative”.
Date: 1st – 8th October, 2021
“Please note that the study material for the scholarship is available for free download by clicking on the link: https://cedinitiative.org/careerguide/”
For further inquiries, contact 09023353080
Signed: Dr. Abraham Chukwudi Nneji Foundation.
Lagos govt set to ease home ownership
By Gistflash News
July 16, 2021
Lagos State Government says it is upscaling its housing delivery performance and subsidising the cost of the homes to reduce the barrier to home ownership in the state.
Lagos State Commissioner for Housing, Mr Moruf Akinderu-Fatai, made this known on Friday in a statement signed by Mrs Adeola Salako, Spokesperson of the ministry.
The commissioner said this was a response to the growing gap in housing demand in relation to the available accommodation in the state.
Akinderu-Fatai said the government was committed to the provision of affordable mass housing units in spite of the increasing cost of building materials occasioned by the current inflationary trend.
He said that Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu had directed that cost of homes built by the state should be lower than the market price to make home ownership easier for the people.
Akinderu-Fatai said that the government was pursuing the agenda of housing provision with increased vigour to ensure that more homes are available for residents before the end of the year.
“We are engaging multinationals along with other Ministries, Departments and Agencies to build and support the financing of buildings in the state.
“This is the viable option, given the fact that land is a limited resource in the state,” he said.
He said with population upsurge, meaningful impact could be achieved through space maximisation by the construction of high-rise buildings where progress was being recorded.
According to him, the state’s housing schemes, located in Odo-Onosa Ayandelu, Agbowa, Sangotedo Phase 1, Gbagada and Omole Phase 1, will be delivered soon.
The commissioner explained that the projects were being financed through direct budgetary allocation for the benefit of low and middle-income earners to come on the home ownership ladder.
He said this would be accomplished through a convenient mortgage system where homes shall be allocated through the Rent-to-Home Scheme and whereby the tenure of payment would be 120 months.
Akinderu-Fatai said that an initial payment of five per cent of the value of the homes by the allottees was required before spreading the balance.
He listed other schemes that were being constructed through direct budgetary allocation to include Egan-Igando, LASU, Ita-Marun in Epe and Ajara.
The commissioner said though these schemes were inherited from previous administrations, the government was committed to speedy delivery in line with the THEMES agenda.
“Housing provision is pivotal to the transformation of the lives of the people,” Akinderu-Fatai said.
Tributes, tears as multitude views TB Joshua’s corpse
By Gistflash News
July 8, 2021
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports hundreds of people from different cultures and countries lined up on Thursday to pay last respect to the SCOAN founder.
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- Home (40,436)
- Leaked Gay Sex Video: “I feel like I am going to commit suicide”- Nollywood actor, Godwin Maduagu Reacts (14,172)
- Discovery: Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis) (6,636)
- Reality Star, Amara La Negra Flaunts her Nude Body in Swimsuit (4,180)
- JUNE WISSE MIMICKING PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN’S INUAGURAL SPEECH (3,884)
- Governors from south of Nigeria back collection of VAT by statesSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 Governors from the south of Nigeria have expressed their support for the collection of Value Added Tax (VAT) by state governments. Gov. Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo disclosed this while reading a […]
- NEDC flags off construction of 500 housing units in BauchiSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 North-East Development Commission (NEDC) in collaboration with the Bauchi State Government has commenced the construction of 500 mass housing units in Bauchi, to address housing deficit in the state. NEDC’s Managing […]
- Wada Maida’s eldest daughter lauds FG for naming NAN HQ after fatherSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 Eldest daughter of late Malam Wada Maida, Farida, on Thursday lauded President Muhammadu Buhari for naming the News Agency of Nigeria’s Headquarters after her father. Farida spoke to NAN in Abuja […]
- Corruption: Over $600bn of Nigeria’s money stolen since 1960 — MoghaluSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 Presidential hopeful, Prof. Kingsley Moghalu, on Thursday said that over 600 billion dollars of Nigeria’s money had been stolen through corruption since 1960. Moghalu, a former Deputy Director of the Central […]
- Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Baba,Spread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 The Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Baba, says the dispute between the Police Service Commission and the Police hierarchy over who should recruit policemen into the force has been resolved. Baba disclosed […]
- News6 days ago
Nigerians can now travel across 160 countries without Visa – Agency
- News6 days ago
Sanwo-Olu signs VAT Bill into law
- Crime4 days ago
NDLEA Seizes over 24,311kg of Fresh Heroin, Codeine, Cannabis at MMIA and Tincan Seaport
- Sports3 days ago
Pele to leave intensive care this week, daughter says
- News4 days ago
Sit-at-home, against Igbo interest, says Nnamani
- Foreign6 days ago
Vatican rejects Israeli criticism over pope comments on Jewish law
- Health6 days ago
Buhari urges striking doctors to return to work
- News6 days ago
VAT: Ortom promises to obey court’s decision no matter its leaning