PRESIDENT BUHARI RECEIVES THE LETTER OF GRATITUDE FROM THE PRESIDENT OF NYCN – AMB. SUKUBO SARA-IGBE SUKUBO, CHARGES SUKUBO TO SET UP SUPPORT CENTERS ACROSS NIGERIA.
“The heights the great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night”, opines Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Today, history has again been made in the Youth Constituency as the President of the National Youth Council of Nigeria – Amb. Sukubo Sara-Igbe Sukubo, in the company of some past Presidents and NEC members of the National Youth Council of Nigeria, held a closed door meeting with the Honorable Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Hon. Sunday Dare, at the Ministry of Youth and Sports Development. Present at the meeting include the Permanent Secretary, Mr. Gabriel Tanimu Aduda, the Director Press and other Directors of the Ministry of Youth and Sports Development.
The President of NYCN, Amb. Sukubo Sara-Igbe Sukubo, in his speech eulogized the Honorable Minister as a digital and innovative Minister who works round the clock to better the development of the entire Nigerian Youth.
Amb. Oladele John Nihi, the Hon. Commissioner of PYU and Past President of NYCN, thanked the Hon. Minister for his innovative prowess and urged him to keep on making giant strides in the Youth development. He also reiterated the need for the ministry to be the galvanizing point of all the Youth programmes and projects that are scattered in all other ministries, as the mother ministry of the Nigerian Youth.
In his Speech, the Honorable Minister, who just came back from the Presidential Villa after handing over the letter from Amb. Sukubo to President Buhari, conveyed the salutations of President Buhari to Amb. Sukubo.
The Minister appreciated the gratitude gesture from the entire Nigerian Youth, through the National Youth Council of Nigeria, to him and to President Buhari for the establishment of the Nigeria Youth Investment Fund (NYIF). He reiterated the commitment of this administration in championing the development and welfare of the Youth of Nigeria.
“This administration, through the Ministry of Youth and Sports Development, will do everything possible to keep Nigeria Youth meaningfully and gainfully busy. The overall development and upliftment of the Nigerian Youth is our priority. In fact, in the next ten to fifteen years, Nigeria will no longer pride in her oil but in the proficiency, efficiency and innovations of her creative Youth.
The Hon. Minister used the opportunity to break another good news to the Youth Constituency of Nigeria. According to him, aside the Nigeria Youth Investment Fund (NYIF), another mindblowing and stunning initiative for the development of the Nigerian Youth will be deliberated upon by next week. In his words, “it is something that will gladden the hearts of the entirety of the Nigerian Youth and put them in the front agenda of this country.”
In the light of the forthcoming projects, the Honorable Minister charged the President of National Youth Council of Nigeria, Amb. Sukubo Sara-Igbe Sukubo, to set up support centers across the country. The Support Centers will serve as “a go-between” for the Ministry of Youth and Sports Development and the Nigeria Youth at the grassroots. The support centers will be the centers of inquiry for the Nigerian Youth, regarding the various projects that will be rolled out by the Ministry.
Toeing the good thread of National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN), the Speaker of the Nigerian Youth Parliament (NYP), accompanied by some of his Excos, extended gratitude gesture to the Hon. Minister and President Buhari, in appreciation for the Nigeria Youth Investment Fund (NYIF). At the end of the visit, the Hon. Minister had a photo section with NYCN and NYP.
Taliban leader says not less than 200 people in panjshir surrendered weapons
By Gistflash News
Sept 6, 2021
less than 200 people including 30 commanders surrendered to the Taliban in the Panjshir Province in Afghanistan, and their weapons and ammunition were seized by the militants, Taliban’s senior leader, Amir Khan Muttaqi, said on Monday.
“In Panjshir, 200 people including 30 commanders surrendered to the Islamic Emirate with their weapons and ammunition,’’ Muttaqi wrote on Twitter.
Earlier in the day, the Taliban claimed taking full control of Panjshir, while the National Resistance Front denied the claims as false, stressing that fighting was still underway.
Dana Air Chairman, Ogoro, elected President, Rimi Old Boys Association
By Gistflash News
Sept 1, 2021
Alhaji Ibrahim Francis Ogoro, Chairman, Dana Air, has been elected President, Rimi (St. John’s) College, Kaduna Old Boys Association.
Ogoro, a 1971 graduate of the 72-year-old institution, emerged president of the association in an election held at its National Convention in Abuja and attended by more than 300 delegates.
Other officers elected in the keenly contested exercise included Mr Mike Reis, Vice President; retired Commodore Daniel Hinga, National Secretary; Mr Dauda Sunama, National Assistant Secretary, and Alhaji Musa Haruna, Treasurer.
Mr Timothy Yusuf was elected Financial Secretary; Mr Hamza Yamel, National Legal Adviser, while Mr Oladele Sanya was elected National Public Relations Officer.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Ogoro replaces Malam Mamman Kabir, Registrar, Surveyor Council of Nigeria, who had served in that capacity for several years.
Earlier at the Convention, Kabir had said that his team achieved a lot while in office, but hinted that the new executive council would inherit “a myriad of problems and challenges”.
“You must quickly start on overdrive mode to reverse these problems; the most daunting of them is the financial status of the association,” he said.
Kabir appealed to the Kaduna State Government to speed up work on the Government Girls’ Secondary School (GGSS), Kawo, Kaduna which was gutted by fire, to end the temporary occupation of Rimi College by students of that school.
Students of Rimi College currently receive lectures in a primary school at Ungwan-Rimi, Kaduna after being ejected to give way to the students of the GGSS.
In his acceptance speech, the new President thanked delegates for the total support and confidence reposed in him, and assured them that all necessary steps would be taken to bring the college back to its former glory.
He commended the outgoing executive council for keeping the flag of the association flying in spite of the numerous challenges it faced.
“The problems will not be solved overnight, but my team will, as a matter of urgency, do everything possible to bring the old boys of the institution under one umbrella,” he said.
Ganduje presents staff of office to Emir of Bichi, Nasiru Ado-Bayero
By Gistflash News
Aug 21, 2021
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State, on Saturday, presented Staff of Office to the Emir of Bichi, Alhaji Nasiru Ado-Bayero, as the second Emir of Bichi.
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- Home (40,437)
- Leaked Gay Sex Video: “I feel like I am going to commit suicide”- Nollywood actor, Godwin Maduagu Reacts (14,172)
- Discovery: Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis) (6,636)
- Reality Star, Amara La Negra Flaunts her Nude Body in Swimsuit (4,180)
- JUNE WISSE MIMICKING PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN’S INUAGURAL SPEECH (3,884)
- Governors from south of Nigeria back collection of VAT by statesSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 Governors from the south of Nigeria have expressed their support for the collection of Value Added Tax (VAT) by state governments. Gov. Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo disclosed this while reading a […]
- NEDC flags off construction of 500 housing units in BauchiSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 North-East Development Commission (NEDC) in collaboration with the Bauchi State Government has commenced the construction of 500 mass housing units in Bauchi, to address housing deficit in the state. NEDC’s Managing […]
- Wada Maida’s eldest daughter lauds FG for naming NAN HQ after fatherSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 Eldest daughter of late Malam Wada Maida, Farida, on Thursday lauded President Muhammadu Buhari for naming the News Agency of Nigeria’s Headquarters after her father. Farida spoke to NAN in Abuja […]
- Corruption: Over $600bn of Nigeria’s money stolen since 1960 — MoghaluSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 Presidential hopeful, Prof. Kingsley Moghalu, on Thursday said that over 600 billion dollars of Nigeria’s money had been stolen through corruption since 1960. Moghalu, a former Deputy Director of the Central […]
- Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Baba,Spread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 The Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Baba, says the dispute between the Police Service Commission and the Police hierarchy over who should recruit policemen into the force has been resolved. Baba disclosed […]
- News6 days ago
Nigerians can now travel across 160 countries without Visa – Agency
- News6 days ago
Sanwo-Olu signs VAT Bill into law
- Crime5 days ago
NDLEA Seizes over 24,311kg of Fresh Heroin, Codeine, Cannabis at MMIA and Tincan Seaport
- Sports3 days ago
Pele to leave intensive care this week, daughter says
- News5 days ago
Sit-at-home, against Igbo interest, says Nnamani
- Foreign6 days ago
Vatican rejects Israeli criticism over pope comments on Jewish law
- Health6 days ago
Buhari urges striking doctors to return to work
- News6 days ago
VAT: Ortom promises to obey court’s decision no matter its leaning