By Gistflash News
Sept 12, 2021
Police in Ogun State said on Sunday that they have arrested an ex-convict, Segun Ogundeji, who impersonated as a soldier at Sango-Ota Police Divisional Headquarters in Ogun.
Police spokesman in Ogun, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, made the declaration in a statement issued in Ota.
Oyeyemi stated that Ogundeji was arrested when he went to Sango-Ota Divisional Headquarters, fully dressed in army camouflage to solicit for the release of a suspect.
“On getting to the station, Ogundeji met an Air Force man, one Cpl. John Temitope, who accused him of failure to give him official compliment, as a result of which a quarrel ensued between them.
“It was the quarrel that led the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), Sango-Ota, CSP Godwin Idehai, to interrogate them. It was during the interrogation that the police discovered that Ogundeji is not a military man.
“It was also discovered that a court once convicted Ogundeji for impersonation,’’ he stated.
Commissioner of Police, CP Edward Ajogun, has ordered a full investigation into the past activities of the Ogundeji.
Ogun Police warn public against night prayer sessions to avoid being victims of kidnappers
By Gistflash News
Sept 20, 2021
Police arrest 259 suspects over alleged banditry, kidnapping culpable homicide in Niger
By Gistflash News
Sept 18, 2021
Police arrested about 259 suspects over banditry, kidnapping, culpable homicide, rape, farmers/herders conflicts and other crimes in Niger in August.
Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Monday Kuryas, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Minna on Saturday that then crimes were committed in 25 local government areas of the state.
“We have charged 119 suspects out of the 259 arrested in court, 81 of them are still standing trial,’’ he said.
He added that 59 suspects were still under investigation at the state Criminal Investigation Bureau, while nine cases had been sent to the state’s Ministry of Justice for vetting and legal advice.
He explained that the command also recovered three locally-made single barrel guns, one Dane gun, and two locally-made pistols with three live cartridges.
The police commissioner also told NAN that the command tackled banditry in Ma’undu village of Mariga Local Government Area, which had been the stronghold of bandits.
He said that Area Commanders and Divisional Police Officers in the 25 local government areas had been directed to beef up security architecture in their respective areas of supervision.
“We appeal for support and cooperation from members of the public who should give us intelligence information that could aid in apprehending miscreants in their midst.
“We are battle ready to confront any person or group of miscreants undermining the peaceful nature our state is known for through well- coordinated security approaches to enhance peaceful coexistence among our people,’’ Kuryas said.
High populations of women, youths critical in combating insecurity –Minister
By Gistflash News
Sept 17, 2021
The Minister of Police Affairs, Alhaji Maigari Dingyadi, says the high populations of women and youths in Nigeria were critical to combating the myriad security challenges facing the country.
Dingyadi, who is also the Katukan Sokoto, was speaking on Thursday in Abuja when the National Executive Committee members of the Police Community Relations Committee (PCRC ), led by its National Chairman, Dr Faruk Maiyama, paid him a courtesy call.
” The women and youths have larger populations that play strategic roles in curbing the menace of insecurity in the nation like banditry, kidnapping, insurgency, cattle rustling and other crimes.
” The Federal Government would, therefore, continue to harness these demographic resources to make Nigeria safer and more secure .
” The women’s wing of the PCRC has also been diligent and committed in the discharge of their duties and I strongly believe that the sky will be their limit”, Dingyadi said.
He thanked the Federal Government and Nigerians for the sustained support they had been relentlessly extending to the ministry and the police.
The minister lauded the committee for its ceaseless efforts in facilitating the smooth operations of the police, saying, “Ensuring the security of lives and properties of all law abiding Nigerians is the responsibility of all patriotic Nigerians.
“We are satisfied with the roles you have been actively playing in this direction and you should not relent,” the minister added.
He underscored the importance of the various committees set up by the PCRC, saying, ” they have been serving as veritable links between the ministry, the police and the public.”
Speaking earlier, Maiyama commended Dingyadi for repositioning the ministry, as well as restoring confidence in the officers and men of the Nigeria Police Force.
” This is by respecting seniority in the appointment of the Inspector General of Police and ensuring the successful take off of the Police Trust Fund.
“” The Minister has also ensured the immediate implementation of the community policing policy nationwide, and the establishment of a police-public complaints committee in the ministry.
“The numerous achievements of the minister within a short period was what informed the decision of the National Executive Council of the PCRC to confer on him an Award of Excellence.
” This was in recognition for his contributions to the maintenance of peace and security in the country”, Maiyama said.
He implored Dingyadi not to rest on his oars until the peace and tranquillity for which Nigeria was known for were fully restored. (
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- Home (41,041)
- Leaked Gay Sex Video: “I feel like I am going to commit suicide”- Nollywood actor, Godwin Maduagu Reacts (14,172)
- Discovery: Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis) (6,636)
- Reality Star, Amara La Negra Flaunts her Nude Body in Swimsuit (4,180)
- JUNE WISSE MIMICKING PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN’S INUAGURAL SPEECH (3,884)
- Court fixes Nov. 17 suit challenging jurisdiction in Okorocha’s suit against Imo GovtSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 The Federal High Court, Abuja, on Wednesday, fixed Nov. 17 to hear application challenging its jurisdiction in the suit filed by former Imo Gov., Rochas Okorocha, against the state government and […]
- Northern Youths inaugurate Yahaya Bello Presidential NetworkSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 Youths from Nigeria’s 19 northern states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) have inaugurated a political pressure group that will work for the realisation of the presidential ambition of Gov. Yahaya […]
- Kano State records 11,475 cholera cases, 329 deaths – OfficialSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 Kano State has so far recorded no fewer than 11,475 suspected cholera cases from March to date with the death of 329 people. The Disease Surveillance and Notification Officer (DSNO) of […]
- FEC approves N836m augmentation for 38 COVID-19 oxygen plantsSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved N836million as augmentation for the establishment of oxygen production plants for COVID-19 pandemic intervention across the country. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports […]
- SMEDAN introduces Entrepreneurship as a subject to primary, secondary schoolsSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 The Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN) began a capacity building workshop on entrepreneurship for primary and secondary schools teachers in Bayelsa on Wednesday. Its South-South Coordinator, Mr […]
- News4 days ago
President Buhari attends UN General Assembly in New York
- News2 days ago
Nigeria’s unity unshakeable – FG
- Education2 days ago
FG to reconsider South East candidates who missed 2021 WASSCE
- Foreign2 days ago
London opens underground extension
- Politics2 days ago
“The exclusion of youths in sensitive and serious matters within the party is begining to choke us”- PDP Unity Forum
- News6 days ago
Sea piracy drops by 80% on Nigerian waters – NIMASA DG
- News5 days ago
Senate President bags chieftaincy title in Iyin-Ekiti
- News4 days ago
Miyetti Allah chairman dies in the hands of kidnappers — official