Man ends marriage over wife’s alleged witchcraft
By Gistflash News
Aug 10, 2021
An Igando Customary Court in Lagos on Tuesday dissolved the 29-year- old marriage of a 60-year-old trader, Mr Femi Olatunde, who accused his wife of witchcraft.
The court’s President, Mr Adeniyi Koledoye, declared that it was proper for both parties to go their separate ways since they were tired of being husband and wife.
Koledoye held that the court’s decision was in the best interest of the parties as all efforts to reconcile them had failed, leaving the court with no other choice.
“The court hereby pronounces the marriage between Mr Femi Olatunde and Mrs Yemi Olatunde dissolved today.
“Both of you henceforth cease to be husband and wife.
“Each of you should go his or her separate way unmolested; the court wishes both of you well in your future endeavours.”
He held that Olatunde would be responsible for the children’s education and general welfare.
The president ordered the petitioner to pay a severance fee of N400,000 to his wife for her to move on with her life.
Olatunde had earlier told the court that his wife was a witch.
“My wife entered the world of darkness in order to destroy my life.
“She attacked me severally in my dreams which resulted to sicknesses in the physical world.
“Yemi is fetish; she took my picture to a herbalist and some charms were made on it which nearly paralysed me but God intervened.”
The embattled husband said that his wife instigated his children to steal.
“My money always gets missing but the most painful was when my wife colluded with my son to duplicate the key of my room and stole N250,000 a client gave me to do a job.
“My son, who later admitted stealing the money, could not give account of it.”
He said that Yemi threatened to kill him by poisoning his food.
“There was a day I finished eating and immediately started experiencing stomach pain.
“I rushed to the Church and was given some antidote and anointing oil which made me to vomit the poison.
“Whenever we have misunderstanding, she invites hoodlums to the house to attack me. She has done that on seven occasions,” he said.
In her defence, the 54-year-old Yemi, a trader, denied all the allegations and accused her husband of turning her into a punching bag.
“My husband beats me at the slightest provocation. There was a day he beat me and I had to be hospitalised.
“I did not poison his food neither did I send hoodlums to attack him and I have never encouraged the children to steal.”
The respondent said that her husband was irresponsible, claiming that he was starving the family and had always refused to pay the children’s school fees.
The mother of five said that her husband was fetish and was the one responsible for her sickness.
“I entered his room one day and saw a dead fowl with candles surrounding it. I have been sick and it reached a stage that I once lost my senses.”
According to her, Femi sleeps in the hotel with different women.
“He eventually married one of them,” she told the court.
Supreme Court Affirms Six-Year Jail Term For Former Director Of Pensions, John Yakubu
Supreme Court Affirms Six-Year Jail Term For Former Director Of Pensions, John Yakub
The Supreme Court has affirmed the six years imprisonment imposed on a former Federal Director of Pensions, Mister John Yakubu, and also ordered him to refund the sum of N22.9b to the Federal Government.
The N22.9b was part of the police pension fund he admitted before a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to have been misappropriate
Justice Tijjani Abubakar in a judgment in an appeal filed by Yusuf upheld the decision of the Court of Appeal which in 2018 sent him to six years imprisonment in addition to the refund of the sum.
The apex court held that Yusuf and others engaging in fraudulent practices must be told through court judgments that it is no longer business as usual.
Media Intelligence agency Marks Six years of Operation in Nigeria
Taliban leader says not less than 200 people in panjshir surrendered weapons
Sept 26, 2021A Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Mallam Yusuf Ali, says it is not to late for members of the National Assembly to revisit the issue of electronic transmission of election results to ensure credibility.Ali, who made the remarks while speaking in an interview with newsmen on Sunday in Osogbo, said the more credible elections were, the less litigations they will attract.The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Nigerian Senate had on July 16, passed the Electoral Act (Amendment) Bill, 2021, after division among its members on the electronic transmission of results.
The clause 52(2) of the bill gives the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) the discretion to determine when, where and how voting and transmission of results will be done.
The Senate had ruled out the possibility of having results transmitted electronically when it voted that the NCC, with the National Assembly’s approval, would determine whether INEC could transmit results electronically or not.
Similarly, the House of Representatives, on July 16, passed the Electoral Act (Amendment) Bill, maintaining the controversial Clause 52(2) as presented amidst protests, especially by members of the minority caucus.
iNEC insists have adequate structures to successfully e-transmit election results
Electoral Bill: PDP governors urge NASS to set up conference committee
PDP expresses shock over Senate rejection of e-transmission of election results
Justice Abubakar said that the appeal of the former federal pension director seeking to set aside the six years jail term against him was frivolous and devoid of merit.
He further held that victims of the convicted director deserve restitution which can only be achieved through justice.
Yusuf had dragged the Federal Government before the apex court seeking to overturn the six years imprisonment slammed on by the Court of Appeal.
The former pensions director, who is serving the six years jail term at the Kuje correctional facility, also asked the Supreme Court to set aside a whopping sum of N22.9 billion he was ordered to refund to the government treasury by the Court of Appeal in a 2018 judgment.
He was sent to prison in 2018 by the Court of Appeal in Abuja upon being found guilty of defrauding the Federal Government to the tune of N22.9 billion through police pensions.
Crypto agent docked for alleged N10.8m fraud
By Gistflash News
Sept 27, 2021
A crypto agent, Nnamdi Obinna on Monday appeared in a Grade I Area Court in Karu, Abuja, for allegedly defrauding a client of N10.8 million naira.
The police charged Obinna, 21, of Dape Village, Abuja with criminal breach of trust, cheating and criminal misappropriation.
The Prosecution Counsel, Ade Adeyanju told the court that the defendant opened a ”hobbit” account for the complainant with his details, emails, phone number 08107621135, with Password- L17ZY234$1 and the account has been managed by the defendant between February to July, 2021.
The Prosecutor said that the complainant therefore entrusted N10.8 million to his GTbank account number 0408772986 and palmpay Account for the purpose of purchasing crypto currency for him.
During Police investigation, he said, it was discovered that the Bank verification Number- 22189167822 he used to operate the above mentioned account belongs to Samuel Nnamde.
He said that the defendant changed the password of the ”hobbit” account and the complainant could not access it.
The prosecutor said, the offence contravened the provisions of sections 312, 322 and 309 of the Penal Code
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The Prosecutor said the matter was reported by the complainant, Chinedum Onyedikachi of Block 46 Low cost housing Estate, Umuahia, Abia.
The Judge, Mr Inuwa Maiwada, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N13 million with three sureties in like sum.
Maiwada said the surety must live within court jurisdiction.
He ordered that the surety must be a civil servant of level 12, he or she must provide means of Identification, statement of account and valid address verified by the court staff.
He adjourned the case until Oct. 27 for mention.
Alleged nude photos: Court fixes Oct. 21 for arraignment of Ohakim
By Gistflash News
Sept 27, 2021
The Federal High Court, Abuja, has fixed Oct. 21 for arraignment of former Imo Governor, Mr Ikedi Ohakim, for allegedly threatening to release nude photos of an Abuja-based woman, Mrs Chinyere Amuchienwa.
Justice Taiwo Taiwo ordered the Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, to take over the prosecution of Ohakim from the Inspector-General of Police, at the resumed trial on Monday.
The police had filed criminal charges against Ohakim and Chinedu Okpareke over alleged threat to life and threat to release nude pictures of Amuchienwa.
However, before Ohakim arraignment, the police filed a notice of discountenance of the matter on March 15, same day the AGF informed the court that he was taking over the matter.
According to the charge, Ohakim and Okpareke allegedly threatened to release nude photographs of Amuchienwa if she failed to drop charges of attempted kidnap against them.
On the last adjourned date, Mr Bagudu Sani, a counsel from the minister’s office told the court that the police would no longer prosecute the case as they had filed a notice of discontinuance.
Sani said that the matter, as originally filed by the police, had now been transferred to the office of the attorney-general.
He further told the court that the office of the attorney-general had gone ahead to file an affidavit of compliance.
Counsel to the police Mr Rufus Dimka, opposed the application by the minister, saying that the police had filed a complainant/applicant’s counter affidavit.
Dimka prayed the court to grant the notice of discontinuance and strike out the charge.
Counsel to Ohakim, Mr Emeka Etiaba (SAN), however, opposed the request by the AGF to take over the matter and prayed the court to dismiss the application.
Etiaba said that the content of the affidavit of compliance by the AGF did not in any way affect the consequence of the notice of withdrawal of the charge against his client.
In his ruling, Justice Taiwo held that there was no doubt that the AGF had unfettered powers to take over the prosecution of any case at any point.
He said that the AGF could do that as long as judgment had not been delivered in such a case.
The judge said since the constitution had given the AGF such powers, the court could not give effect to the notice of discountenance filed by the police.
He held that the application by the police to discontinue the matter, lacked merit and upheld the argument by the AGF to take over prosecution of the matter.
He subsequently adjourned the matter until Oct. 21 for arraignment of the former governor and beginning of trial.
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- CBN Sells Polaris Bank To SCILSpread the loveThe Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has announced the completion of the sale of shares in Polaris Bank to Strategic Capital Investment Limited (SCIL), a new core investor. In a statement signed by its Director, Corporate Communications […]
- “No Way Back For You In Man United Squad, Spoilt Brat” – Darren Bent Slams RonaldoSpread the loveDarren Bent, a former Charlton, Tottenham and Sunderland striker, has suggested that the end of Cristiano Ronaldo has come at Manchester United. The former England man said he sees no way the former Real Madrid star can […]
- Gunmen Attack Anambra Police Station, Kill Four OfficersSpread the loveUnknown gunmen in the early hours of Wednesday attacked a police station located in Atani, the headquarters of Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State. It was gathered that the gunmen launched the attack on the police […]
- Supreme Court Affirms Six-Year Jail Term For Former Director Of Pensions, John YakubuSupreme Court Affirms Six-Year Jail Term For Former Director Of Pensions, John Yakub The Supreme Court has affirmed the six years imprisonment imposed on a former Federal Director of Pensions, Mister John Yakubu, and also ordered him to refund […]
- Media Intelligence agency Marks Six years of Operation in NigeriaSpread the loveMedia Intelligence agency Marks Six years of Operation in Nigeria. P+ Measurement Services, Nigeria’s foremost Independent Public Relations measurement and evaluation agency, celebrates its sixth year of effective operation with qualitative offerings for its numerous clients, as it […]