A man in his 20s who identified himself as a #BlackLivesMatter protester, had been hanging off a 16th-floor balcony of Trump tower in Chicago since around 5:30pm Sunday.
According to the Dailymail’s reports, he was threatening to cut his rope unless he could speak to the president.
A video surfacing online shows the man, who had an Eastern European accent, saying “he didn’t want to die but would cut the rope with a knife if he couldn’t speak with the president.”
However, he has been taken into custody after 13 hours. The Chicago Police Department confirmed this shortly before 7am local time that the situation had been ‘resolved peacefully’ by on-site negotiators and no injuries were sustained.
“He had been requesting to speak directly with the president and to get his message to the media” CPD spokesman Tom Ahern said.
“CPD, SWAT, and CFD personnel responded to the call of an unknown male threatening suicide and dangling from a rope on the 16th-floor balcony of a residential building/hotel,” He added.
The man had threatened to kill himself during the stand-off with police, the department said. SWAT team negotiators spent hours on the deck trying to get the man down overnight.
From the statement of the police, Gistflash gathered that charges are yet to be filed.
However, the real identity of the man is yet to be revealed. Though he was escorted from the scene in an ambulance, he is currently undergoing a psychological evaluation.
President Buhari attends UN General Assembly in New York
By Gistflash News
Sept 18, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari will depart Abuja on Sunday for New York, United States of America, to participate in the 76th Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA76).
The session opened on Tuesday, Sept. 14.
Mr Femi Adesina, the President’s Spokesman, made this known in a statement on Saturday in Abuja.
The theme for this year’s UNGA is, “Building Resilience Through Hope – To Recover from COVID-19, Rebuild Sustainably, Respond to the Needs of the Planet, Respect the Rights of People and Revitalize the United Nations.”
Adesina revealed that the Nigerian leader would address the Assembly during the General Debates on Friday, Sept. 24 when he will speak on the theme of the conference and other global issues.
”In the course of the Assembly, the Nigerian leader and members of the delegation will partake in other significant meetings such as; The High Level Meeting to Commemorate The Twentieth Anniversary of the Adoption of the Durban Declaration and Programme of Action on the theme “Reparations, Racial Justice and Equality for People of African Descent.”
”The delegation will also participate in Food Systems Summit; High Level Dialogue on Energy; and The High Level Plenary Meeting to commemorate and promote the International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons,” he added.
According to the presidential aide, Buhari will also hold bilateral meetings with a number of other leaders of delegations and heads of International Development organisations.
He said the president would be accompanied to New York by Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama; Attorney General and Minister of Justice Abubakar Malami (SAN); and Minister of State for Environment, Sharon Ikeazor.
Also on the President’s delegation are: National Security Adviser, Maj-Gen. Babagana Monguno (retd); Director-General, National Intelligence Agency, Amb. Ahmed Rufai Abubakar; Chairman, Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, Abike Dabiri-Erewa and the Senior Special Assistant to the President on SDGs, Mrs Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire.
”President Buhari is expected back in the country on Sept. 26,” he said.
Miyetti Allah chairman dies in the hands of kidnappers — official
By Gistflash News
Sept 18, 2021
Senate President bags chieftaincy title in Iyin-Ekiti
By Gistflash News
Sept 17, 2021
The President of Senate, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, will on Sept 18 enrolled in the Iyin Ekiti Traditional Hall of Fame with the conferment on him, the “Aare Akorewolu” of Iyin Kingdom by the Oluyin of Iyin, Oba Adeola Adeniyi Ajakaiye.
Mr Ola Awoniyi Lawan’s Special Adviser on Media in a statement in Abuja on Friday said the event was part of the activities to mark the Oluyin of Iyin’s first coronation anniversary.
In a letter of appreciation earlier sent to the Senate President, the Iyin Ekiti paramount ruler described Lawan as a blessing to Nigeria.
“Your openness, warmth and assurances of commitment to the growth and development of Iyin Ekiti in particular and Nigeria as a whole further accentuates your well-known attributes as a great leader who seeks to smoothen the concerns of the governed.
“You are indeed, without mincing words, a blessing to our dear nation,” Oba Ajakaiye said.
He thanked the senate president for his valued support to the indigenes of the town who are currently serving the nation in various capacities in the government of the Federal Republic.
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- Home (40,605)
- Leaked Gay Sex Video: “I feel like I am going to commit suicide”- Nollywood actor, Godwin Maduagu Reacts (14,172)
- Discovery: Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis) (6,636)
- Reality Star, Amara La Negra Flaunts her Nude Body in Swimsuit (4,180)
- JUNE WISSE MIMICKING PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN’S INUAGURAL SPEECH (3,884)
- I spent over N6m to treat COVID-19 – Actor Pete Edochie’s sonSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 Uche Edochie, son of Veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie has said that he spent over N6 million to treat COVID-19 virus at an isolation treatment facility in Gbagada in Lagos. Edochie […]
- President Buhari attends UN General Assembly in New YorkSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 President Muhammadu Buhari will depart Abuja on Sunday for New York, United States of America, to participate in the 76th Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA76). The session opened […]
- Police arrest 259 suspects over alleged banditry, kidnapping culpable homicide in NigerSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 Police arrested about 259 suspects over banditry, kidnapping, culpable homicide, rape, farmers/herders conflicts and other crimes in Niger in August. Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Monday Kuryas, told the […]
- Miyetti Allah chairman dies in the hands of kidnappers — officialSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 Miyetti Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) has announced the death of Alhaji Abubakar Abdullahi, also known as Danbardi, the association’s Chairman in Lere Local Government Area of Kaduna State. The […]
- Group debunks Fani-Kayode’s claim of planned defection by 3 governorsSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 17, 2021 The Northern Youths Leaders Forum (NYLF) says Gov. Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State has not and will never defect to APC as claimed by the party’s latest entrant, Femi Fani-Kayode The […]
- Sports4 days ago
Pele to leave intensive care this week, daughter says
- Crime6 days ago
NDLEA Seizes over 24,311kg of Fresh Heroin, Codeine, Cannabis at MMIA and Tincan Seaport
- News6 days ago
Sit-at-home, against Igbo interest, says Nnamani
- Foreign4 days ago
Taliban deny their deputy prime minister, Mullah Baradar, is dead
- News3 days ago
Stamp Duty: no recoveries yet – Malami writes 36 Governors
- News5 days ago
40MW Dadinkowa power project to receive FG intervention – Minister
- News4 days ago
Sit-at-home order in South-East counter-productive, says Orji Kalu
- Education5 days ago
Nigeria hosts 33rd UNESCO summit to enhance biodiversity conservation