By Gistflash News
July 23, 2021
Barely one week after the police in Adamawa apprehended a man for beating his wife to death, a similar incident has re-occurred in the state.
Hammawa Usman, 41, of Jada Ward, Ganye town in Ganye Local Government Area is currently in police net for killing his 36-years-old wife, Rabiyatu Usman, in a dispute involving N1,000.
DSP Sulaiman Nguroje, Police Spokesman, confirmed the incident in a statement he issued on Thursday in Yola.
Nguroje said the suspect engaged Rabiyatu in a fight when she demanded the refund of her N1,000.
“The suspect angrily reacted by hitting her head against the wall … she fell unconscious and was rushed to the hospital where she was later confirmed dead.
“The suspect was apprehended by the Police following report received from a relative of the deceased and a good Samaritan,” Nguroje said
He said investigation revealed that the suspect, a civil servant with Ganye Local Government Council, has five children with the deceased after 16 years of marriage.
Aliyu Alhaji, Commissioner of Police, commended the locals and police for exposing and making it impossible for Usman not to escape justice.
He ordered discreet investigation into the case to ensure that the suspect is prosecuted.
He called on the people to always report suspicious characters in their neighbourhoods to the police.
On the16 July, a similar incident occurred when a 40-year-old man from Bodere Village in Fufore Local Government Area was arrested for beating his pregnant wife to death, over a dispute involving N1,000.
Court fixes Nov. 17 suit challenging jurisdiction in Okorocha’s suit against Imo Govt
By Gistflash News
Sept 22, 2021
Love scam: Court orders forfeiture of 1 iPhones, car, $1,500 to FG
By Gistflash News
Sept 21, 2021
A Kwara state High Court on Tuesday ordered the forfeiture of one iPhone, 1,500 dollars and vehicle to the Federal Government coffers.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) charged Tunde Olagunju, Hassan Olanrewaju, 29, and Ojo Adewale, a Bricklayer with crime bordering on love scam and cybercrimes.
Delivering judgment, Justice Sikiru Oyinloye said:”I have carefully considered the facts and circumstances of the matter, most especially the charges.
“I have also considered the plea of guilt entered by the defendants, evidence tendered without objection and the confessional statements of the defendants.
“There is no justiciable reason for the court to free the defendants off the hook.
“In the circumstance, the court finds the defendants guilty of the offence,” he said.
Oyinloye sentenced Olagunju to two years imprisonment with an option of fine of N650,000.
Similarly, the judge sentenced Olanrewaju to one year imprisonment on count one, with an option of fine of N250,000 and another one year on count two with the same option of fine.
“The custodial sentences will run concurrently. But if the convict prefers the option of fine, he shall pay the fine of N500,0000.
The court also ordered the forfeiture of the defendant’s Silver color Toyota Camry Car, 2009 Model, with registration number LSR 431 GV and Gold Iphone 12 pro and 200 dollars which he acquired with the proceed of unlawful activities to the federal government.
Also, Adewale was sentenced to one year imprisonment with option of fine of N300,000.
The judge said that the convict should forfeit the Iphone XR, recovered from him, at the point of arrest to the federal government.
My husband beats me, says I eat too much – Woman tells court
By Gistflash News
Sept 20, 2021
A 23-year-old woman, Firdausi Sulaiman on Monday dragged her husband, Haruna Haruna, before a Sharia Court sitting in Magajin Gari, Kaduna State, seeking divorce on grounds that he beats her and says she eats too much.
In her petition, Suleiman, who lives in Rigasa in Kaduna, also told the court that her husband, Haruna, locks up the kitchen in the night.
”In our seven years of marriage, I have not spent a complete year with out him sending me back to my parents house.
“I was forced into marrying Haruna when I was 16 by my father.
”He banned me from receiving visitors in our marital house. He also beats me.
”When I got fed up, my parents got tom know about what I have going through and reported the matter to his mother, His mother told me that he was possessed by evil spirit,” she said.
She prayed the court to terminate the marriage and give her custody of their one daughter.
In his defence, Haruna, a civil engineer through his counsel, M. K Mustapha, said his client is mentally okay and is not possessed.
”My client doesn’t look like someone who has evil spirits or has mental problems. In fact, he is currently in Katsina State executing some projects”, he said.
The Judge, Nuhu Falalu, after listening to both parties, adjourned the case until Oct. 4.
He ordered Haruna’s counsel to invite the couple’s parents or guardians to explore an amicable solution.
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- Home (41,045)
- Leaked Gay Sex Video: “I feel like I am going to commit suicide”- Nollywood actor, Godwin Maduagu Reacts (14,172)
- Discovery: Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis) (6,636)
- Reality Star, Amara La Negra Flaunts her Nude Body in Swimsuit (4,180)
- JUNE WISSE MIMICKING PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN’S INUAGURAL SPEECH (3,884)
- Court fixes Nov. 17 suit challenging jurisdiction in Okorocha’s suit against Imo GovtSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 The Federal High Court, Abuja, on Wednesday, fixed Nov. 17 to hear application challenging its jurisdiction in the suit filed by former Imo Gov., Rochas Okorocha, against the state government and […]
- Northern Youths inaugurate Yahaya Bello Presidential NetworkSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 Youths from Nigeria’s 19 northern states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) have inaugurated a political pressure group that will work for the realisation of the presidential ambition of Gov. Yahaya […]
- Kano State records 11,475 cholera cases, 329 deaths – OfficialSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 Kano State has so far recorded no fewer than 11,475 suspected cholera cases from March to date with the death of 329 people. The Disease Surveillance and Notification Officer (DSNO) of […]
- FEC approves N836m augmentation for 38 COVID-19 oxygen plantsSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved N836million as augmentation for the establishment of oxygen production plants for COVID-19 pandemic intervention across the country. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports […]
- SMEDAN introduces Entrepreneurship as a subject to primary, secondary schoolsSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 22, 2021 The Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN) began a capacity building workshop on entrepreneurship for primary and secondary schools teachers in Bayelsa on Wednesday. Its South-South Coordinator, Mr […]
- News4 days ago
President Buhari attends UN General Assembly in New York
- News2 days ago
Nigeria’s unity unshakeable – FG
- Education2 days ago
FG to reconsider South East candidates who missed 2021 WASSCE
- Foreign2 days ago
London opens underground extension
- Politics2 days ago
“The exclusion of youths in sensitive and serious matters within the party is begining to choke us”- PDP Unity Forum
- News5 days ago
Senate President bags chieftaincy title in Iyin-Ekiti
- News7 days ago
Sea piracy drops by 80% on Nigerian waters – NIMASA DG
- News5 days ago
Miyetti Allah chairman dies in the hands of kidnappers — official