Connect with us

News

FEC directs deployment of 5-G Network

Published

on

Spread the love

By Gistflash News

Sept 8, 2021

The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved the policy on deployment of Fifth Generation network, popularly known as 5-G

The Minister of Communication and Digital Economy, Prof. Isa Pantami, made this known to State House Correspondents at the end of the council meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja on Wednesday.

According to the minister, the new network will help open up opportunities in the economic, educational and health sectors, adding that security agencies will also benefit a lot from the network.

Pantami said: “I presented (a memo) before the Federal Executive Council and was approved after deliberation, that is the National Policy on 5th Generation network for Nigeria’s digital economy. That policy has been approved by the Federal Executive Council today.

“Furthermore, the policy discusses the benefits to be attained through the deployment of 5-G in Nigeria and any part of the world which includes like lower latency, larger capacity and higher date rate.

“In a simple language we can say it will open many opportunities economically, educationally and even in the health sector, and it will also support our security institutions particularly in areas where they need high quality services.”

He noted that the network would have been deployed since last year but there was a lot of outcry from the Nigerian public, which made government to stay action on that to give room for more consultations.

“In the year 2020 there was a time that we started the 5th Generation trial but there were complaints from citizens about the relationship between 5-G and COVID-!9.

“But because our government is a responsible one, we decided then, to put everything on hold and engage more stakeholders and we spent almost 18 months working on that.

“We also waited for the resolution or verdict of the two most important organisations globally when it comes to the deployment of telecommunications facilities. These are the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) and the World Health Organisation (WHO), which are both arms of the United Nations.

“Both of them confirmed that there is no any adverse health hazard associated with 5-G, and it has not been proven to be harmful to human health.

“Most importantly, even its frequency and radiation is even lower than that of 4-G and the electronic gadgets like the television sets and microwaves we use at home. So they have already issued that explanation about its safety.

“They also advised nations on the standards and regulations they use in the course of its redeployment,” he further explained.

He said the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) had been directed to comply with all the regulations and standards specified by the ITU and WHO.

“Furthermore, in order to create awareness and sensitise our citizens, the Nigerian Communications Commission has been reaching out to citizens through local languages to tell them the advantages of 5-G,” he said.

He said the deployment of the network would be in phases, as it will start with major cities of the country, where there is need for high quality broadband, between now and 2025.

Meanwhile, the Technical Assistant on Information Technology to the minister, Dr Femi Adeluyi, has assured in a statement that government would continue to engage all stakeholders on the policy.

NAN

Comments

Spread the love
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Northern Youths inaugurate Yahaya Bello Presidential Network

Published

on

Spread the love

By Gistflash News

Sept 22, 2021

Youths from Nigeria’s 19 northern states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) have inaugurated a political pressure group that will work for the realisation of the presidential ambition of Gov. Yahaya Bello of Kogi.

Known as the Yahaya Bello Network (YBN), the group said it would be supporting the governor to emerge the nation’s next president in 2023.

The YBN said Nigerian youths wanted one of them as the nation’s next leader.

At the inauguration on Wednesday in Kaduna, YBN spokesman, Bello Mohammed, said gone were the days when Nigerians talked of politics of region and ethnicity.

“We are supporting Gov. Bello not only because he is our own from the north, but because he is young, vibrant and energetic and has what it takes to lead Nigeria to the promised land.

“There are agitations everywhere, but it is not constitutional as politics is a game of number and Yahaya Bello is a man of quality.

“Nigeria’s presidency is something that has to do with quality and has nothing to do with your religion or background,“ Mohammed said.

The inauguration of the YBN comes barely 72 hours after the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) declared that the region would retain power beyond 2023 as it has the voter population to win the presidential election in 2023.

Inaugurating the executives and ambassadors of YBN, Mohammed described the call by the southern governors for power to return to the South as unconstitutional and uncalled for, insisting that politics is a game of numbers.

He said the leadership of his group would embark on a tour of the 19 northern states to canvass support for the candidature of Bello as Nigeria’s next president.

The Special Adviser on Youth and Student Affairs to the Governor, Ahmed Jibril, said it was a good development that Nigerian youths were now coming on board to identify with a youth like them and seek his election to the exalted position of Nigerian President.

“It is only a plus for us as youths to be calling on Gov. Bello to come and be the number one citizen of Nigeria,” he said.

On the agitation for power shift to the South, Jibril said it was part of democracy.

“Everybody has the right to call for what he wants and it is his opinion.

“If people have seen the youth in Gov. Bello, if they have seen a leader and a unifier of the country in him, then he shall be the President by the grace of God because man proposes but God has the final say,’’ Jibril said.

YBN Secretary-General Salisu Mohammed inaugurated the executives and ambassadors of the group, including notable Kannywood actors and actresses.

He called on them to go and spread the message to others in their respective states.

NAN

Comments

Spread the love
Continue Reading

News

INEC begins nationwide display of voters register Sept 24, says Ebonyi REC

Published

on

Spread the love

By Gistflash News

Sept 22, 2021

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says it will commence the first quarter display of Voter Register (VR) across the country on Sept. 24.

Dr Joseph Chukwu, the Ebonyi INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), who stated this at a news conference in Abakaliki, on Wednesday, added that the display will run from Sept. 24 and end on Sept.30.

He urged those that took part in the registration exercise to use the opportunity to cross-check their biodata and any other relevant information and make corrections, where necessary.

Chukwu noted that the exercise was sequel to the end of the first quarter of the Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) that began in June.

The REC, who commended eligible voters for participating in the civic exercise appealed to the citizenry to continue supporting INEC’s activities that would lead to credible elections in 2023.

“Following the completion of the online and physical registrations, which began on June 28 and closed by 11.59p.m on Sept. 21.

“The display of voters’ register for claims and objections will hold effective from Sept. 24 to Sept. 30 for the first quarter.

“The exercise will take place in all the 13 local government offices of the commission, including the two centres at the state headquarters.

“The register will also be on display simultaneously across the 774 local government areas and the Federal Capital Territory, as well as other designated centres.

“All registrants are, therefore, advised to visit centres where they registered or made corrections to check for the correctness of their particulars”, Chukwu said.

He explained that the second quarter of the CVR exercise would begin on Oct. 4 nationwide and end on Dec. 20, while third phase of the exercise would start by Jan. 3, 2022 and close on March 4.

The fourth quarter would begin by April 11, 2022 to end on June 30, 2022.

“Let me on behalf of the Chairman of our commission, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, express our gratitude to all critical stakeholders for their cooperation before, during and after the first quarter of the exercise in Ebonyi.

“Except occasional disruptions by rain, we did not encounter any security breach during the entire exercise throughout the state,” Chukwu said.

NAN

Comments

Spread the love
Continue Reading

News

Ganduje condoles with Gaya Emirate over Emir’s death

Published

on

Spread the love

By Gistflash News

Sept 22, 2021

Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has said that he received with sadness and deep feeling, the news of the passing away of the Emir of Gaya, Alhaji Ibrahim Abdulkadir.
Abdukkadir died on Wednesday at the age of 91 and left behind three wives, 28 children and many grandchildren.
The Commissioner for Information, Malam Muhammad Garba, stated this in a statement he issued to newsmen on Wednesday in Kano.
“Despite his ailing condition, the monarch’s uncommon leadership qualities earned him respect as traditional ruler since his days as Sarkin Gaya and until his death as First Class Emir in Kano.
“The death of the Emir in one of the oldest Emirates in Northern Nigeria, has created a vacuum difficult to be filled considering his contributions to peace, stability and progress of his domain and the country,” he said.
The commissioner revealed that Abdukkadir was one of the four Emirs elevated to First Class Emirs by the Gov. Ganduje administration after the creation of Rano, Gaya, Bichi and Karaye Emirates in 2019.
“Gov. Ganduje, who is away in Abuja when the Emir’s death was announced said the demise of the monarch is a big loss to his immediate family, Gaya Emirate, the government and the entire people of Kano state,” he said.
He, therefore, prayed to Allah in His infinite mercy to forgive his sins and grant him Aljannah Firdausi.
Garba also quoted the governor as calling on the people of the emirate to bear the loss with the spirit of acquiescence to God’s will.
The governor also urged them to take solace in the fact that endurance was not the measure of a good life but the sense of fulfilment.
NAN
Comments

Spread the love
Continue Reading
Enhance your Brand Visibility

LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS

Let’s keep you updated

Advertisement

HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS

Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song

Most Viewed Posts

Trending

Enable Notifications    OK No thanks