Ex-Ondo Military Administrator’s Son Killed as He Drank in a Joint with Friends
Ex-Ondo Military Administrator’s Son was Killed by gunmen on Wednesday evening as he was drinking in a Joint with friends in Lagos.
The deceased, Muyuwa Babafumilayo Okpaleye, 40, a son of former Ondo Military Administrator, Brig.-Gen. Okpaleye was shot by the hooded armed men, numbering about four, at a drinking joint at Adekunle Kuye, off Ikate street, Aguda, Surulere, where he was hanging out with his friends.
According to reports, the gunmen parked their Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) at an adjoining street and followed a footpath that led to the drinking joint. As soon as they sighted Okpaleye in the crowd, two of the men readjusted their hoods and advanced towards the gathering.
On seeing the movement of the hooded men, the crowd, including a relation of a former Lagos Governor, the gathering dispersed with people running in different directions.
They were said to have aimed at Okpaleye, shot him and came closer to ensure he was hit by the bullet before fleeing the scene.
All of Okpaleye’s friends allegedly abandoned him, save for one identified as Kunle, who ran back to save him.
He was said to have lifted him up, taken him to his (Okpaleye’s) Honda City Sedan car and rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors confirmed Okpaleye dead on arrival.
Unfortunately for Kunle, the Police at Soloki Station, Aguda invited him for interrogation. He was eventually detained and moved to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (SCIID) Panti as a suspect.
Opa, as Muyiwa was popularly called, is the last born in the noble family of one time military administration of Ondo state, Rtd Brigadier General Okpaleye.
Opaleye worked with a sporting outfit called City Sports and lived at Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island, but frequented Surulere where he had a lot of friends.
His friends have taken to social media to mourn his death.
How gunmen killed ex-Ondo Military Administrator’s son as he drank in a joint with friends
Homicide detectives at SCIID have commenced investigation to unearth the culprits. Also, Okpaleye’s friends who were at the joint are being trailed to get their account of the incident.
A source told The Nation that Kunle was being held because no one has corroborated his account of the incident, adding that there was need for others present at the joint to come forward and state the facts.
It was learnt others who were there might have gone into hiding for fear that the assassination might be cult -related, giving the recurring gang wars within Surulere that has seen two other persons killed in similar manner since last December.
Igboho was chained by Beninese police to prevent him from turning into a cat and escaping – Lawyer
One of the lawyers of Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo popularly known as Igboho has narrated how his client was allegedly chained by Beninese police to prevent him from turning into a cat and escaping after being arrested at an airport in the neighboring country.
Olusegun Falola disclosed that when he got to the custody where Igboho was detained, he was first chained.
According to Falola, the police officers were scared that he could just disappear into the thin air because of his mystical powers.
The lawyer said;
“When I arrived from Paris and got to the custody where Igboho was detained, he was first chained. They were scared that he could just disappear into the thin air because of his mystical powers.
“The police told me that if Igboho’s chains were untied and he escaped mysteriously, he (the police officer) would be stripped of his rank and also dismissed.
“The police officer said he was told that Igboho could disappear or turn into a cat, and many other things were said to the police officers which made them tie him.”
He told The Nation that his timely intervention led to Igboho being unchained by the policemen.
Anglican Church releases statement after a Church Priest kissed 3 female students of St. Monica College
The Anglican Church has reacted to the viral video of one of its priests kissing 3 girls on the mouth.
The girls, who are students of St. Monica College of Education in Ghana, seemed uncomfortable but had to oblige as their priest kissed them on the altar, in front of the entire congregation.
The priest has now been identified as Most Rev’d Dr Cyril Kobina Ben-Smith.
The Anglican Church said that it is “saddened” by the priest’s action and investigation is underway. The Church added that the “Priest would be dealt with in accordance with the norms and values of the Anglican Communion where morality is extremely revered in the Church.”
The statement adds that efforts are being made to “engage the students through counselling sessions to avert any psychological issues that may arise as a result of the viral video”.
See the statement below…
Hushpuppi: Probe panel submits amended report on Kyari
A four-man Special Investigation Panel headed by the Deputy Inspector-General of Police in charge of the Force Criminal Investigations Department, Joseph Egbunike has submitted its report to the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba after being directed to probe former Head, Intelligence Response Team and Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari.
The panel was constituted after Kyari who was indicted in a $1.1m Internet fraud allegedly perpetrated by an Instagram influencer, Abbas Ramon, popularly known as Hushpuppi and four others; AbdulRahman Juma (Abdul); Vincent Kelly Chibuzo (Kelly); Rukayat Motunrayo Fashola (Morayo); and Bolatito Agbabiaka (Bolamide), was suspended by the Police Service Commission and replaced by Tunji Disu.
Punch reported that Kyari who appeared several times before the panel, dismissed the allegations of conniving with Hushpuppi to defraud the Qatari businessman.
The publication added that the SIP sessions with Kyari were relaxed, cordial and gave the DCP the confidence that he would be absolved of the allegations as he and Egbunike have a long term relationship.
It was gathered that Egbunike is Assistant Commissioner of Police in the police Accounts Department where Kyari served for over 15 years.
A panel also told the publication that it submitted the report last week, but it was rejected by the IG for being too lenient on Kyari. A source said;
“The panel concluded its investigation and submitted its report to the IG last Thursday or Friday but the IG rejected it. He was not comfortable with the panel findings and recommendations.”
Vanguard also reported that “a pre-conclusion report was submitted on Friday last week but was returned to the SIP as the Force Management Team sought more clarifications and further explanation on some grey areas.”
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- Home (40,608)
- Leaked Gay Sex Video: “I feel like I am going to commit suicide”- Nollywood actor, Godwin Maduagu Reacts (14,172)
- Discovery: Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis) (6,636)
- Reality Star, Amara La Negra Flaunts her Nude Body in Swimsuit (4,180)
- JUNE WISSE MIMICKING PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN’S INUAGURAL SPEECH (3,884)
- I spent over N6m to treat COVID-19 – Actor Pete Edochie’s sonSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 Uche Edochie, son of Veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie has said that he spent over N6 million to treat COVID-19 virus at an isolation treatment facility in Gbagada in Lagos. Edochie […]
- President Buhari attends UN General Assembly in New YorkSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 President Muhammadu Buhari will depart Abuja on Sunday for New York, United States of America, to participate in the 76th Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA76). The session opened […]
- Police arrest 259 suspects over alleged banditry, kidnapping culpable homicide in NigerSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 Police arrested about 259 suspects over banditry, kidnapping, culpable homicide, rape, farmers/herders conflicts and other crimes in Niger in August. Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Monday Kuryas, told the […]
- Miyetti Allah chairman dies in the hands of kidnappers — officialSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 Miyetti Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) has announced the death of Alhaji Abubakar Abdullahi, also known as Danbardi, the association’s Chairman in Lere Local Government Area of Kaduna State. The […]
- Group debunks Fani-Kayode’s claim of planned defection by 3 governorsSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 17, 2021 The Northern Youths Leaders Forum (NYLF) says Gov. Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State has not and will never defect to APC as claimed by the party’s latest entrant, Femi Fani-Kayode The […]
- Sports4 days ago
Pele to leave intensive care this week, daughter says
- Crime6 days ago
NDLEA Seizes over 24,311kg of Fresh Heroin, Codeine, Cannabis at MMIA and Tincan Seaport
- News6 days ago
Sit-at-home, against Igbo interest, says Nnamani
- Foreign4 days ago
Taliban deny their deputy prime minister, Mullah Baradar, is dead
- News3 days ago
Stamp Duty: no recoveries yet – Malami writes 36 Governors
- News5 days ago
40MW Dadinkowa power project to receive FG intervention – Minister
- News4 days ago
Sit-at-home order in South-East counter-productive, says Orji Kalu
- Education5 days ago
Nigeria hosts 33rd UNESCO summit to enhance biodiversity conservation