The Nigerian Army has disbanded its legal team and also pulled out of investigative hearing of the Lagos State Judicial Panel investigating the shooting of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Tollgate on October 20, 2020.
Making the announcement on Saturday January 30 after more evidences backed claims of Nigerian soldiers shooting peaceful protesters at the tollgate, a member of the army counsel, S.N. Agwhe notified the Panel of Akinlolu Kehinde, head of the army legal team submitting a memo about the disbandment.
“We do not have any further mandate to represent the army in any subsequent proceedings.”
The panel chairman Doris Okuwobi who commented on the development warned the Nigerian army that they can’t claim denial of fair hearing when the panel submits its findings to the government.
This is however coming after Doctor at Reddington Hospital testified to treating victims from the #EndSARS protest with bullet wounds on October 20, 21 and 22.
Dr Babajide Lawson disclosed that the hospital witnessed a ‘mass casualty’ that overwhelmed their facilities because a lot of people with varying degrees of gunshot wounds were being brought into the hospital for treatment on October 20 and days after it.
Army holds 40-Day prayer for late COAS Attahiru, others
By Gistflash News
June 30, 2021
A 40-day prayer was observed for the repose of the soul of late Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lt,-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru and other officers who died in the ill-fated Beach Craft King Air 350 crash in Kaduna on May 21.
Others are the Chief of Military Intelligence, Brig.-Gen. Abdulrahman Kuliya, Army Provost Marshal, Brig.-Gen. O.L Olayinka, Chief of Staff to Army Chief, Brig.-Gen. Idris Abdulkadir, Aide De Camp, Maj. L.A Hayat, Maj. M. Hamza, Flt.-Lt. T.O Asaniyi, Flt.-Lt. A.A Olufade, Sgt. Saidu Umar, Sgt. Adesina and Air Craftman Oyedepo.
The prayer was led by the Army Director of Islamic Affairs, Brig.-Gen. Shehu Mustapha.
Mustapha prayed for the souls of the departed to find eternal rest and also console their families.
He said that Nigerians should understand that every soul must taste death at some point, hence the need to always live right with God.
Mustapha said that the significance of the prayer was to remember the departed Chief of Army Staff and other officers who died with him as well as seeking Allah’s forgiveness.
He said that the event was also used to pray for peaceful co-existence among Nigerians and for God to grant victory to the troops fighting in various fronts.
“We also used the opportunity to pray for their families, our service chiefs and all Nigerians for peaceful coexistence.
“We also sought God’s intervention in the security challenges that we are facing and we asked him if it is sin that we have committed that is making us to have difficulties, we asked him for mercy and forgiveness.
“We used this opportunity to pray for our leaders for Allah to continue to protect them and give them divine guidance to move the country forward,” he said.
Also speaking, Chief of Army Staff, Maj.-Gen. Faruk Yahaya, said it was solemn to pray for the repose of the soul of the late army chief and other officers who died in the unfortunate crash.
He said that the prayer was to show that the departed souls were still in their minds and to continue to identify and sympathise with their families.
According to him, the prayer is for them and all other military and civilian personnel who have paid the supreme price in the course of defending the nation.
“We also prayed for the country, the military and all other agencies that are fighting for the nation’s security and we pray for Allah to answer our prayers,” he said.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Lucky Irabor, Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Adm. Hamza Gambo and Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Isiaka Amao and other top military officers attended the event.
Also in attendance were the wives of officers led by the President, Defence and Police Officers Wives Association (DEPOWA), Mrs Victoria Irabor.
LASG arrest popcorn seller over attack on officials
By Gistflash News
June 30, 2021
Lagos Environmental Sanitation Corps (LAGESC) has arrested a popcorn seller (name withheld) for allegedly attacking its officials on Tuesday while carrying out their official duties.
The LAGESC Corps Marshal, Mrs Gbemisola Akinpelu, a retired Commissioner of police, disclosed this on Tuesday in a statement released by Kehinde Adebayo, Head of Public Affairs of the Agency.
Akinpelu, who described the suspect as 30 years old street trader, said he was apprehended at about 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, around Railway Crossing, Fagba, in Ifako-Ijaye Local Council Development Area, during official patrol.
“The suspect said to be hawking popcorn, upon sighting the Agency’s operatives brought out dangerous weapons such as knife (dagger) and charms to attack the operatives.
“He was eventually subdued and brought to the Agency’s Headquarter for subsequent investigation.
“The suspect has been handed over to the police for further investigation and prosecution to serve as deterrent to others,” she said.
Akinpelu condemned the incessant attacks on the agency’s personnel who were out to discourage illegal street trading in the State.
She noted that such attacks had inflicted serious injuries on the officials, stressing that sometimes, such attacks lead to loss of live of an officer.
The Corps Marshal reiterated the agency’s commitment to rid the State of all environmental nuisances, such as street trading and hawking on the major highways.
She warned the public against any form of attacks on her operatives carrying out official duties to ensure the general cleanliness of the State.
Akinpelu, however appealed to market leaders and transport unions to partner with the Agency in the discharge of official duties.
FG apprehends Nnamdi Kanu, leader of proscribed IPOB – Malami
By Gistflash News
June 29, 2021
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- Home (40,436)
- Leaked Gay Sex Video: “I feel like I am going to commit suicide”- Nollywood actor, Godwin Maduagu Reacts (14,172)
- Discovery: Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis) (6,636)
- Reality Star, Amara La Negra Flaunts her Nude Body in Swimsuit (4,180)
- JUNE WISSE MIMICKING PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN’S INUAGURAL SPEECH (3,884)
- Governors from south of Nigeria back collection of VAT by statesSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 Governors from the south of Nigeria have expressed their support for the collection of Value Added Tax (VAT) by state governments. Gov. Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo disclosed this while reading a […]
- NEDC flags off construction of 500 housing units in BauchiSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 North-East Development Commission (NEDC) in collaboration with the Bauchi State Government has commenced the construction of 500 mass housing units in Bauchi, to address housing deficit in the state. NEDC’s Managing […]
- Wada Maida’s eldest daughter lauds FG for naming NAN HQ after fatherSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 Eldest daughter of late Malam Wada Maida, Farida, on Thursday lauded President Muhammadu Buhari for naming the News Agency of Nigeria’s Headquarters after her father. Farida spoke to NAN in Abuja […]
- Corruption: Over $600bn of Nigeria’s money stolen since 1960 — MoghaluSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 Presidential hopeful, Prof. Kingsley Moghalu, on Thursday said that over 600 billion dollars of Nigeria’s money had been stolen through corruption since 1960. Moghalu, a former Deputy Director of the Central […]
- Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Baba,Spread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 The Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Baba, says the dispute between the Police Service Commission and the Police hierarchy over who should recruit policemen into the force has been resolved. Baba disclosed […]
- News6 days ago
Nigerians can now travel across 160 countries without Visa – Agency
- News6 days ago
Sanwo-Olu signs VAT Bill into law
- Crime4 days ago
NDLEA Seizes over 24,311kg of Fresh Heroin, Codeine, Cannabis at MMIA and Tincan Seaport
- Sports3 days ago
Pele to leave intensive care this week, daughter says
- News4 days ago
Sit-at-home, against Igbo interest, says Nnamani
- Foreign6 days ago
Vatican rejects Israeli criticism over pope comments on Jewish law
- Health6 days ago
Buhari urges striking doctors to return to work
- News6 days ago
VAT: Ortom promises to obey court’s decision no matter its leaning