#EndSARS: Check out the New Demands of the Agitators
The #EndSARS agitators said the federal government must implement the demands in part A of the five-page document instantly or before October 31, while demands in part B should be implemented not later than six months from now.
The protesters, who have continued to maintain that they were decentralized and with no particular leader, issued the demands under the aegis of ‘#Taking Back Our Country’.
In the short term, the protesters made the following 15 demands:
- 30% increase in the salary of Police Officers from Police Recruit (Grade Level 1) to Cadet Inspector (Grade Level 7)
- Payment of N12Million compensation to each of the families of those killed by SARS/Police
- Judicial panel to investigate all cases of SARS/Police Brutality and recommend appropriate punishments for all erring officers.
- Total disbandment of SARS and sacking of all officers in the SARS unit of the Nigerian Police.
- Payment of 4 months’ salary to all the sacked but exonerated/guilt-free SARS officers.
- Total disbandment of the newly created SWAT unit by the Nigeria Police
- Unconditional release of all #EndSARS/#EndSWAT protesters detained by the Nigerian Police
- Government to foot the bill of all #EndSARS/#EndSWAT protesters injured by the Nigerian Police and pay a compensation of N1Million to each of them.
- Reduction in the salary and allowances (total package) of members of the State Houses of Assembly to N400,000 per month.
- Reduction in the salary and allowances (total package) of members of the National Assembly (both chambers) to N1Million per month.
- Minimum educational qualification requirements for political office aspirants:
a. President/Vice President: BSc + Masters
b. State Governor/Deputy Governor: BSc + Masters
c. NASS members: BSc + Masters
d. House of Assembly members: BSc + 1 professional qualification
e. Federal Minister: BSc + Masters
f. State Commissioner: BSc + 1 professional qualification
g. Local Government Chairman/Vice Chairman: BSc
h. Councillor: BSc Minimum Work Experience requirements for political office holders (elected and appointive) : a. President/Vice President: 17 years’ permanent job experience (public or private sector)
b. State Governor/Deputy Governor: 15 years’ permanent job experience (public or private sector)
c. NASS members: 12 years’ permanent job experience (public or private sector)
d. House of Assembly members: 10 years’ permanent job experience (public or private sector)
e. Federal Minister/appointee: 13 years’ permanent job experience (public or private sector)
f. State Commissioner/appointee: 10 years’ permanent job experience (public or private sector)
g. Local Government Chairman/Vice Chairman: 8 years’ permanent job experience (public or private sector)
h. Councillor: 6 years’ permanent job experience (public or private sector)
Maximum age for an aspirant to contest political office:
a. President/Vice President: 55 years
b. State Governor/Deputy Governor: 50 years
c. National Assembly: 45 years
d. State House of Assembly: 42 years
e. Local Government Chairman/Vice Chairman: 40 years
f. Councillor: 35 years
Maximum age of political appointees (i.e. Minister, Commissioner, SA, SSA, MD/CEO, DG, Ambassadors, Board Member, Executive Chairman etc.):
a. Federal appointee: 55 years
b. State/LGA appointee: 50 years
Maximum tenure of all elective political offices: 2 terms of 4 years each
Federal Government’s responsibilities:
a. Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy and Currency Management
b. Foreign Policy and Foreign Affairs
c. Judiciary at all levels
d. National Security/Defence (Army, Navy, Air force and Police)
e. Interior services (Prisons, Immigration and NSCDC)
h. National Infrastructure (Inter-State roads, Railways)
State Government’s responsibilities:
e. Any and all others outside the purview of the Federal Government
12. Revenue Sharing Formula:
a. Each State to control its natural resources and contribute 30% to the Federal Government
b. Federal Government to administer and fund its responsibilities with 70% of the revenue received from the States. 10% of the received funds to be redistributed to the states with emphasis on the economically disadvantaged states while the remaining 20% will fund FG-led infrastructure and intervention projects across the 36 states and the FCT.
13. Replacement of the bicameral with a unicameral legislature: A maximum of 2 elected officers/representatives from each state to sit part time at the NASS complex in Abuja.
14. Cleaning the Augean stable: All persons who have ever been elected or held office as Head of State, President, Vice President, Governors, Deputy Governors, NASS members and State House of Assembly members, Federal Ministers, State Commissioners and Heads of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (Executive Chairman, DG, MD/CEO etc.) between 1960-2020 are banned forever from contesting any elective or holding any appointive political office in Nigeria.
15. All public office holders (elected and appointed) from the President to the Councillor and MDAs are prohibited from foreign medical trips. It is a criminal and impeachable offence with no immunity cover.
16. The children of all public office holders (elected and appointed) from the President to the Councillor at the LGA level including MDAs are prohibited from schooling overseas and in private schools in Nigeria. They are only permitted to school in government-owned educational institutions in Nigeria. It is a criminal and impeachable offence with no immunity cover.
17. A special Commission to enforce the prosecution of offenders of Nos. 11 and 12 above should be created by legislation.
18. Comprehensive assessment of the functions/relevance of all MDAs should be conducted by a professional firm appointed by the State Governors and President at their respective levels. All MDAs found surplus to requirements should be scrapped with immediate effect at all levels (Federal and State).
Army holds 40-Day prayer for late COAS Attahiru, others
By Gistflash News
June 30, 2021
A 40-day prayer was observed for the repose of the soul of late Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lt,-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru and other officers who died in the ill-fated Beach Craft King Air 350 crash in Kaduna on May 21.
Others are the Chief of Military Intelligence, Brig.-Gen. Abdulrahman Kuliya, Army Provost Marshal, Brig.-Gen. O.L Olayinka, Chief of Staff to Army Chief, Brig.-Gen. Idris Abdulkadir, Aide De Camp, Maj. L.A Hayat, Maj. M. Hamza, Flt.-Lt. T.O Asaniyi, Flt.-Lt. A.A Olufade, Sgt. Saidu Umar, Sgt. Adesina and Air Craftman Oyedepo.
The prayer was led by the Army Director of Islamic Affairs, Brig.-Gen. Shehu Mustapha.
Mustapha prayed for the souls of the departed to find eternal rest and also console their families.
He said that Nigerians should understand that every soul must taste death at some point, hence the need to always live right with God.
Mustapha said that the significance of the prayer was to remember the departed Chief of Army Staff and other officers who died with him as well as seeking Allah’s forgiveness.
He said that the event was also used to pray for peaceful co-existence among Nigerians and for God to grant victory to the troops fighting in various fronts.
“We also used the opportunity to pray for their families, our service chiefs and all Nigerians for peaceful coexistence.
“We also sought God’s intervention in the security challenges that we are facing and we asked him if it is sin that we have committed that is making us to have difficulties, we asked him for mercy and forgiveness.
“We used this opportunity to pray for our leaders for Allah to continue to protect them and give them divine guidance to move the country forward,” he said.
Also speaking, Chief of Army Staff, Maj.-Gen. Faruk Yahaya, said it was solemn to pray for the repose of the soul of the late army chief and other officers who died in the unfortunate crash.
He said that the prayer was to show that the departed souls were still in their minds and to continue to identify and sympathise with their families.
According to him, the prayer is for them and all other military and civilian personnel who have paid the supreme price in the course of defending the nation.
“We also prayed for the country, the military and all other agencies that are fighting for the nation’s security and we pray for Allah to answer our prayers,” he said.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Lucky Irabor, Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Adm. Hamza Gambo and Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Isiaka Amao and other top military officers attended the event.
Also in attendance were the wives of officers led by the President, Defence and Police Officers Wives Association (DEPOWA), Mrs Victoria Irabor.
LASG arrest popcorn seller over attack on officials
By Gistflash News
June 30, 2021
Lagos Environmental Sanitation Corps (LAGESC) has arrested a popcorn seller (name withheld) for allegedly attacking its officials on Tuesday while carrying out their official duties.
The LAGESC Corps Marshal, Mrs Gbemisola Akinpelu, a retired Commissioner of police, disclosed this on Tuesday in a statement released by Kehinde Adebayo, Head of Public Affairs of the Agency.
Akinpelu, who described the suspect as 30 years old street trader, said he was apprehended at about 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, around Railway Crossing, Fagba, in Ifako-Ijaye Local Council Development Area, during official patrol.
“The suspect said to be hawking popcorn, upon sighting the Agency’s operatives brought out dangerous weapons such as knife (dagger) and charms to attack the operatives.
“He was eventually subdued and brought to the Agency’s Headquarter for subsequent investigation.
“The suspect has been handed over to the police for further investigation and prosecution to serve as deterrent to others,” she said.
Akinpelu condemned the incessant attacks on the agency’s personnel who were out to discourage illegal street trading in the State.
She noted that such attacks had inflicted serious injuries on the officials, stressing that sometimes, such attacks lead to loss of live of an officer.
The Corps Marshal reiterated the agency’s commitment to rid the State of all environmental nuisances, such as street trading and hawking on the major highways.
She warned the public against any form of attacks on her operatives carrying out official duties to ensure the general cleanliness of the State.
Akinpelu, however appealed to market leaders and transport unions to partner with the Agency in the discharge of official duties.
FG apprehends Nnamdi Kanu, leader of proscribed IPOB – Malami
By Gistflash News
June 29, 2021
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- CBN Sells Polaris Bank To SCILSpread the loveThe Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has announced the completion of the sale of shares in Polaris Bank to Strategic Capital Investment Limited (SCIL), a new core investor. In a statement signed by its Director, Corporate Communications […]
- “No Way Back For You In Man United Squad, Spoilt Brat” – Darren Bent Slams RonaldoSpread the loveDarren Bent, a former Charlton, Tottenham and Sunderland striker, has suggested that the end of Cristiano Ronaldo has come at Manchester United. The former England man said he sees no way the former Real Madrid star can […]
- Gunmen Attack Anambra Police Station, Kill Four OfficersSpread the love Unknown gunmen in the early hours of Wednesday attacked a police station located in Atani, the headquarters of Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State. It was gathered that the gunmen launched the attack on the […]
- Supreme Court Affirms Six-Year Jail Term For Former Director Of Pensions, John YakubuSupreme Court Affirms Six-Year Jail Term For Former Director Of Pensions, John Yakub The Supreme Court has affirmed the six years imprisonment imposed on a former Federal Director of Pensions, Mister John Yakubu, and also ordered him to refund […]
- Media Intelligence agency Marks Six years of Operation in NigeriaSpread the loveMedia Intelligence agency Marks Six years of Operation in Nigeria. P+ Measurement Services, Nigeria’s foremost Independent Public Relations measurement and evaluation agency, celebrates its sixth year of effective operation with qualitative offerings for its numerous clients, as it […]