Men Arrested for the Possession of Used Female Pants Arraigned
Odelola Olawuyi, Ajayi Damilare, and Toheeb Elugbajub who were arrested for being in possession of used female pant on Wednesday have been arraigned before a Magistrates’ Court sitting in Ile Ife, Osun State.
The defendants (the three men) were caught with used female pants which they allegedly failed to give convincing explanation on how they came about it.
According to the Police prosecutor, Emmanuel Abdullahi, the men committed the offence between April 6th and 7th in Ile-Ife and they flouted the stay-at-home order of the Osun State Government meant to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
He said, “The offences contravened Sections 17 (11) of the Quarantine Act Q2 Laws of the Federation, 2004, Public Health Law, Cap 135, Laws of Osun, 2002.”
However, the defendants pleaded not guilty and their counsel, Mr Leke Dada, urged the court to grant the defendants bail.
The magistrate, Joseph Owolawi, admitted the defendants’ bail in the sum of 200,000 naira with one surety in like sum.
He adjourned till May 15, 2020 for hearing.
Igboho was chained by Beninese police to prevent him from turning into a cat and escaping – Lawyer
One of the lawyers of Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo popularly known as Igboho has narrated how his client was allegedly chained by Beninese police to prevent him from turning into a cat and escaping after being arrested at an airport in the neighboring country.
Olusegun Falola disclosed that when he got to the custody where Igboho was detained, he was first chained.
According to Falola, the police officers were scared that he could just disappear into the thin air because of his mystical powers.
The lawyer said;
“When I arrived from Paris and got to the custody where Igboho was detained, he was first chained. They were scared that he could just disappear into the thin air because of his mystical powers.
“The police told me that if Igboho’s chains were untied and he escaped mysteriously, he (the police officer) would be stripped of his rank and also dismissed.
“The police officer said he was told that Igboho could disappear or turn into a cat, and many other things were said to the police officers which made them tie him.”
He told The Nation that his timely intervention led to Igboho being unchained by the policemen.
Anglican Church releases statement after a Church Priest kissed 3 female students of St. Monica College
The Anglican Church has reacted to the viral video of one of its priests kissing 3 girls on the mouth.
The girls, who are students of St. Monica College of Education in Ghana, seemed uncomfortable but had to oblige as their priest kissed them on the altar, in front of the entire congregation.
The priest has now been identified as Most Rev’d Dr Cyril Kobina Ben-Smith.
The Anglican Church said that it is “saddened” by the priest’s action and investigation is underway. The Church added that the “Priest would be dealt with in accordance with the norms and values of the Anglican Communion where morality is extremely revered in the Church.”
The statement adds that efforts are being made to “engage the students through counselling sessions to avert any psychological issues that may arise as a result of the viral video”.
See the statement below…
Hushpuppi: Probe panel submits amended report on Kyari
A four-man Special Investigation Panel headed by the Deputy Inspector-General of Police in charge of the Force Criminal Investigations Department, Joseph Egbunike has submitted its report to the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba after being directed to probe former Head, Intelligence Response Team and Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari.
The panel was constituted after Kyari who was indicted in a $1.1m Internet fraud allegedly perpetrated by an Instagram influencer, Abbas Ramon, popularly known as Hushpuppi and four others; AbdulRahman Juma (Abdul); Vincent Kelly Chibuzo (Kelly); Rukayat Motunrayo Fashola (Morayo); and Bolatito Agbabiaka (Bolamide), was suspended by the Police Service Commission and replaced by Tunji Disu.
Punch reported that Kyari who appeared several times before the panel, dismissed the allegations of conniving with Hushpuppi to defraud the Qatari businessman.
The publication added that the SIP sessions with Kyari were relaxed, cordial and gave the DCP the confidence that he would be absolved of the allegations as he and Egbunike have a long term relationship.
It was gathered that Egbunike is Assistant Commissioner of Police in the police Accounts Department where Kyari served for over 15 years.
A panel also told the publication that it submitted the report last week, but it was rejected by the IG for being too lenient on Kyari. A source said;
“The panel concluded its investigation and submitted its report to the IG last Thursday or Friday but the IG rejected it. He was not comfortable with the panel findings and recommendations.”
Vanguard also reported that “a pre-conclusion report was submitted on Friday last week but was returned to the SIP as the Force Management Team sought more clarifications and further explanation on some grey areas.”
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- Home (40,436)
- Leaked Gay Sex Video: “I feel like I am going to commit suicide”- Nollywood actor, Godwin Maduagu Reacts (14,172)
- Discovery: Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis) (6,636)
- Reality Star, Amara La Negra Flaunts her Nude Body in Swimsuit (4,180)
- JUNE WISSE MIMICKING PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN’S INUAGURAL SPEECH (3,884)
- Governors from south of Nigeria back collection of VAT by statesSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 Governors from the south of Nigeria have expressed their support for the collection of Value Added Tax (VAT) by state governments. Gov. Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo disclosed this while reading a […]
- NEDC flags off construction of 500 housing units in BauchiSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 North-East Development Commission (NEDC) in collaboration with the Bauchi State Government has commenced the construction of 500 mass housing units in Bauchi, to address housing deficit in the state. NEDC’s Managing […]
- Wada Maida’s eldest daughter lauds FG for naming NAN HQ after fatherSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 Eldest daughter of late Malam Wada Maida, Farida, on Thursday lauded President Muhammadu Buhari for naming the News Agency of Nigeria’s Headquarters after her father. Farida spoke to NAN in Abuja […]
- Corruption: Over $600bn of Nigeria’s money stolen since 1960 — MoghaluSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 Presidential hopeful, Prof. Kingsley Moghalu, on Thursday said that over 600 billion dollars of Nigeria’s money had been stolen through corruption since 1960. Moghalu, a former Deputy Director of the Central […]
- Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Baba,Spread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 The Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Baba, says the dispute between the Police Service Commission and the Police hierarchy over who should recruit policemen into the force has been resolved. Baba disclosed […]
- News6 days ago
Nigerians can now travel across 160 countries without Visa – Agency
- News6 days ago
Sanwo-Olu signs VAT Bill into law
- Crime5 days ago
NDLEA Seizes over 24,311kg of Fresh Heroin, Codeine, Cannabis at MMIA and Tincan Seaport
- Sports3 days ago
Pele to leave intensive care this week, daughter says
- News5 days ago
Sit-at-home, against Igbo interest, says Nnamani
- Foreign6 days ago
Vatican rejects Israeli criticism over pope comments on Jewish law
- Health6 days ago
Buhari urges striking doctors to return to work
- News6 days ago
VAT: Ortom promises to obey court’s decision no matter its leaning