Tribunal finally breaths air of peace after series of industrial restiveness
The investment and Securities Tribunal, IST, is now enjoying stable peace after series of strikes following disagreements between the labour union and the management.
The issues arising had consequently led to the ouster of the former Chairman, Mr Isiaka Idoko Akoh, by President Muhammadu Buhari in September 2019.
Akoh was sacked over the petition by members of the Amgamated Union of Public Corporation, Civil Service, Technical and Recreational Services Employees (AUPCTRE).
The union had petitioned the Federal Ministry of finance, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), and the Presidential Initiative on Continues Audit (PICA), alleging that the tribunal was on the verge of collapse due to the level of financial misappropriation, maladministration and high level corruption by the then management of IST.
The Union also accused the former chairman of using youth corps members and seconded officers to occupy offices and positions meant for substantive staff members; denying them a chance at career progression.
The allegations were investigated; and Akoh was indicted by PICA.
Mr Jude Udunni was then appointed to replace the sacked Chairman on acting capacity.
Udunni during an interaction with newsmen in his office in Abuja on Thursday, said that among the challenges faced on his assumption of office, is paucity of funds.
He listed others to include lack of trust between management and staff, delay in staff promotion, inability to restore the organogram in order of seniority, tackling the issue of staff on secondment and union dues, among others.
Udunni, who said he had spent the last four months trying to salvage the situation, however, thanked God that
trust was being restore in the system.
”Stakeholders and the supervising Unit have assisted in raising some funds for the tribunal, though that is inadequate for smooth running of the the tribunal,” he said.
The acting Chairman said though there was still the issue of complete trust between the labour and IST management, a structure was already in place to restore confidence in the system and make progress.
Members of staff illegally posted out of their respective stations within and outside the states were back to their duty posts, he said.
He also said efforts were being made to gradually address genuine grievances of the union before the end of first quarter of this year.
Udunni, however, stressed that the current management under his watch, had zero tolerance for corruption, therefore, every effort would be made to motivate staff and ensure that they gave back their best to the tribunal, in order to restore confidence of all stakeholders in the capital market.
IST staff celebrating the sack of their former Chairman
The Branch Chairman of AUPCTRE, IST,
Mr Ikechukwu Ugwu, commended the acting Chairman for the efforts he had so far put in to move the tribunal forward, but insisted that urgent steps towards addressing the union’s demands such as restoring check up dues and the issue of seconded staff should be addressed for lasting peace.
Taliban leader says not less than 200 people in panjshir surrendered weapons
By Gistflash News
Sept 6, 2021
less than 200 people including 30 commanders surrendered to the Taliban in the Panjshir Province in Afghanistan, and their weapons and ammunition were seized by the militants, Taliban’s senior leader, Amir Khan Muttaqi, said on Monday.
“In Panjshir, 200 people including 30 commanders surrendered to the Islamic Emirate with their weapons and ammunition,’’ Muttaqi wrote on Twitter.
Earlier in the day, the Taliban claimed taking full control of Panjshir, while the National Resistance Front denied the claims as false, stressing that fighting was still underway.
Dana Air Chairman, Ogoro, elected President, Rimi Old Boys Association
By Gistflash News
Sept 1, 2021
Alhaji Ibrahim Francis Ogoro, Chairman, Dana Air, has been elected President, Rimi (St. John’s) College, Kaduna Old Boys Association.
Ogoro, a 1971 graduate of the 72-year-old institution, emerged president of the association in an election held at its National Convention in Abuja and attended by more than 300 delegates.
Other officers elected in the keenly contested exercise included Mr Mike Reis, Vice President; retired Commodore Daniel Hinga, National Secretary; Mr Dauda Sunama, National Assistant Secretary, and Alhaji Musa Haruna, Treasurer.
Mr Timothy Yusuf was elected Financial Secretary; Mr Hamza Yamel, National Legal Adviser, while Mr Oladele Sanya was elected National Public Relations Officer.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Ogoro replaces Malam Mamman Kabir, Registrar, Surveyor Council of Nigeria, who had served in that capacity for several years.
Earlier at the Convention, Kabir had said that his team achieved a lot while in office, but hinted that the new executive council would inherit “a myriad of problems and challenges”.
“You must quickly start on overdrive mode to reverse these problems; the most daunting of them is the financial status of the association,” he said.
Kabir appealed to the Kaduna State Government to speed up work on the Government Girls’ Secondary School (GGSS), Kawo, Kaduna which was gutted by fire, to end the temporary occupation of Rimi College by students of that school.
Students of Rimi College currently receive lectures in a primary school at Ungwan-Rimi, Kaduna after being ejected to give way to the students of the GGSS.
In his acceptance speech, the new President thanked delegates for the total support and confidence reposed in him, and assured them that all necessary steps would be taken to bring the college back to its former glory.
He commended the outgoing executive council for keeping the flag of the association flying in spite of the numerous challenges it faced.
“The problems will not be solved overnight, but my team will, as a matter of urgency, do everything possible to bring the old boys of the institution under one umbrella,” he said.
Ganduje presents staff of office to Emir of Bichi, Nasiru Ado-Bayero
By Gistflash News
Aug 21, 2021
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State, on Saturday, presented Staff of Office to the Emir of Bichi, Alhaji Nasiru Ado-Bayero, as the second Emir of Bichi.
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- Home (40,603)
- Leaked Gay Sex Video: “I feel like I am going to commit suicide”- Nollywood actor, Godwin Maduagu Reacts (14,172)
- Discovery: Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis) (6,636)
- Reality Star, Amara La Negra Flaunts her Nude Body in Swimsuit (4,180)
- JUNE WISSE MIMICKING PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN’S INUAGURAL SPEECH (3,884)
- I spent over N6m to treat COVID-19 – Actor Pete Edochie’s sonSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 Uche Edochie, son of Veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie has said that he spent over N6 million to treat COVID-19 virus at an isolation treatment facility in Gbagada in Lagos. Edochie […]
- President Buhari attends UN General Assembly in New YorkSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 President Muhammadu Buhari will depart Abuja on Sunday for New York, United States of America, to participate in the 76th Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA76). The session opened […]
- Police arrest 259 suspects over alleged banditry, kidnapping culpable homicide in NigerSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 Police arrested about 259 suspects over banditry, kidnapping, culpable homicide, rape, farmers/herders conflicts and other crimes in Niger in August. Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Monday Kuryas, told the […]
- Miyetti Allah chairman dies in the hands of kidnappers — officialSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 Miyetti Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) has announced the death of Alhaji Abubakar Abdullahi, also known as Danbardi, the association’s Chairman in Lere Local Government Area of Kaduna State. The […]
- Group debunks Fani-Kayode’s claim of planned defection by 3 governorsSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 17, 2021 The Northern Youths Leaders Forum (NYLF) says Gov. Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State has not and will never defect to APC as claimed by the party’s latest entrant, Femi Fani-Kayode The […]
- Sports4 days ago
Pele to leave intensive care this week, daughter says
- Crime6 days ago
NDLEA Seizes over 24,311kg of Fresh Heroin, Codeine, Cannabis at MMIA and Tincan Seaport
- News6 days ago
Sit-at-home, against Igbo interest, says Nnamani
- Foreign4 days ago
Taliban deny their deputy prime minister, Mullah Baradar, is dead
- News3 days ago
Stamp Duty: no recoveries yet – Malami writes 36 Governors
- News5 days ago
40MW Dadinkowa power project to receive FG intervention – Minister
- News4 days ago
Sit-at-home order in South-East counter-productive, says Orji Kalu
- Education5 days ago
Nigeria hosts 33rd UNESCO summit to enhance biodiversity conservation