Aggrieved Residents Attacks PHCN Official for Distributing Bills in Ogun State.
Aggrieved residents of Isale Igbeyin/Grammar school areas of Abeokuta in Ogun attacked a staff of the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company IBEDC ‘Ayorinde Olajide’ on Thursday.
Narrating his ordeal, Ayorinde said he was out distributing bills to the residents who were at home due to the lockdown when he was attacked.
“I was busy distributing electricity bills to houses around Isale -Igbehin and Grammar School area of Abeokuta and I was attacked by a group of people asking me to stop the unnecessary distribution of bills. Before I could even explain to them, they started throwing stones at me which affected my left eye. I was badly beaten without pity for discharging my duty, even when my boss arrived at the scene to rescue me into her vehicle, a guy came and hit me on my my left eye. I was later rescued by my boss who reported the attack at the Ibara Police Station after which i was taken to a nearby Hospital for medical attention.” he said
Igboho was chained by Beninese police to prevent him from turning into a cat and escaping – Lawyer
One of the lawyers of Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo popularly known as Igboho has narrated how his client was allegedly chained by Beninese police to prevent him from turning into a cat and escaping after being arrested at an airport in the neighboring country.
Olusegun Falola disclosed that when he got to the custody where Igboho was detained, he was first chained.
According to Falola, the police officers were scared that he could just disappear into the thin air because of his mystical powers.
The lawyer said;
“When I arrived from Paris and got to the custody where Igboho was detained, he was first chained. They were scared that he could just disappear into the thin air because of his mystical powers.
“The police told me that if Igboho’s chains were untied and he escaped mysteriously, he (the police officer) would be stripped of his rank and also dismissed.
“The police officer said he was told that Igboho could disappear or turn into a cat, and many other things were said to the police officers which made them tie him.”
He told The Nation that his timely intervention led to Igboho being unchained by the policemen.
Anglican Church releases statement after a Church Priest kissed 3 female students of St. Monica College
The Anglican Church has reacted to the viral video of one of its priests kissing 3 girls on the mouth.
The girls, who are students of St. Monica College of Education in Ghana, seemed uncomfortable but had to oblige as their priest kissed them on the altar, in front of the entire congregation.
The priest has now been identified as Most Rev’d Dr Cyril Kobina Ben-Smith.
The Anglican Church said that it is “saddened” by the priest’s action and investigation is underway. The Church added that the “Priest would be dealt with in accordance with the norms and values of the Anglican Communion where morality is extremely revered in the Church.”
The statement adds that efforts are being made to “engage the students through counselling sessions to avert any psychological issues that may arise as a result of the viral video”.
See the statement below…
Hushpuppi: Probe panel submits amended report on Kyari
A four-man Special Investigation Panel headed by the Deputy Inspector-General of Police in charge of the Force Criminal Investigations Department, Joseph Egbunike has submitted its report to the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba after being directed to probe former Head, Intelligence Response Team and Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari.
The panel was constituted after Kyari who was indicted in a $1.1m Internet fraud allegedly perpetrated by an Instagram influencer, Abbas Ramon, popularly known as Hushpuppi and four others; AbdulRahman Juma (Abdul); Vincent Kelly Chibuzo (Kelly); Rukayat Motunrayo Fashola (Morayo); and Bolatito Agbabiaka (Bolamide), was suspended by the Police Service Commission and replaced by Tunji Disu.
Punch reported that Kyari who appeared several times before the panel, dismissed the allegations of conniving with Hushpuppi to defraud the Qatari businessman.
The publication added that the SIP sessions with Kyari were relaxed, cordial and gave the DCP the confidence that he would be absolved of the allegations as he and Egbunike have a long term relationship.
It was gathered that Egbunike is Assistant Commissioner of Police in the police Accounts Department where Kyari served for over 15 years.
A panel also told the publication that it submitted the report last week, but it was rejected by the IG for being too lenient on Kyari. A source said;
“The panel concluded its investigation and submitted its report to the IG last Thursday or Friday but the IG rejected it. He was not comfortable with the panel findings and recommendations.”
Vanguard also reported that “a pre-conclusion report was submitted on Friday last week but was returned to the SIP as the Force Management Team sought more clarifications and further explanation on some grey areas.”
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- Home (40,607)
- Leaked Gay Sex Video: “I feel like I am going to commit suicide”- Nollywood actor, Godwin Maduagu Reacts (14,172)
- Discovery: Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis) (6,636)
- Reality Star, Amara La Negra Flaunts her Nude Body in Swimsuit (4,180)
- JUNE WISSE MIMICKING PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN’S INUAGURAL SPEECH (3,884)
- I spent over N6m to treat COVID-19 – Actor Pete Edochie’s sonSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 Uche Edochie, son of Veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie has said that he spent over N6 million to treat COVID-19 virus at an isolation treatment facility in Gbagada in Lagos. Edochie […]
- President Buhari attends UN General Assembly in New YorkSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 President Muhammadu Buhari will depart Abuja on Sunday for New York, United States of America, to participate in the 76th Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA76). The session opened […]
- Police arrest 259 suspects over alleged banditry, kidnapping culpable homicide in NigerSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 Police arrested about 259 suspects over banditry, kidnapping, culpable homicide, rape, farmers/herders conflicts and other crimes in Niger in August. Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Monday Kuryas, told the […]
- Miyetti Allah chairman dies in the hands of kidnappers — officialSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 18, 2021 Miyetti Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) has announced the death of Alhaji Abubakar Abdullahi, also known as Danbardi, the association’s Chairman in Lere Local Government Area of Kaduna State. The […]
- Group debunks Fani-Kayode’s claim of planned defection by 3 governorsSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 17, 2021 The Northern Youths Leaders Forum (NYLF) says Gov. Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State has not and will never defect to APC as claimed by the party’s latest entrant, Femi Fani-Kayode The […]
- Sports4 days ago
Pele to leave intensive care this week, daughter says
- Crime6 days ago
NDLEA Seizes over 24,311kg of Fresh Heroin, Codeine, Cannabis at MMIA and Tincan Seaport
- News6 days ago
Sit-at-home, against Igbo interest, says Nnamani
- Foreign4 days ago
Taliban deny their deputy prime minister, Mullah Baradar, is dead
- News3 days ago
Stamp Duty: no recoveries yet – Malami writes 36 Governors
- News5 days ago
40MW Dadinkowa power project to receive FG intervention – Minister
- News4 days ago
Sit-at-home order in South-East counter-productive, says Orji Kalu
- Education5 days ago
Nigeria hosts 33rd UNESCO summit to enhance biodiversity conservation