Two men have died while fighting over a woman at Kiyunga, Kyampisi sub county in Mukono district, Uganda.
The deceased, Hassan Kiwango, 45, and 48-year-old Hakim Katende, reportedly hacked themselves to death on Saturday, September 26, 2020.
GISTFLASH learnt that Katende has been accusing Kiwango of having an affair with his wife ‘Dorothy Birungi.’ (the mother of his 2 kids) for over a year.
According to the Observer, the dispute between the two men had attracted the attention of the local council committee, who summoned them to a meeting on Saturday morning.
However, things took a sad turn, when during the meeting, Katende allegedly attacked Kiwango and repeated him cut him on his neck, hands and back. Kiwango also retaliated, leaving both men with grave injuries.
Kampala Metropolitan Police spokesperson, Patrick Onyango, who confirmed the incident, said the two bodies have been taken to Kayunga hospital for postmortem as children and the wife to Katende are held at police for their safety.
Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Baba,
By Gistflash News
Sept 16, 2021
Police foil banditry attack, kill 1 along Kaduna-Abuja road
By Gistflash News
Sept 16, 2021
The Police Command in Kaduna State says its operatives have foiled a banditry attack and killed a notorious bandit on Kaduna-Abuja highway on Thursday morning.
ASP. Mohammed Jalige, the Command Public Relations Officer disclosed this while briefing newsmen in Kaduna.
“At about 7a.m the command received a distress call at about 5:45a.m that some bandits in large number blocked Kaduna-Abuja highway close to a bridge along Kasarami village and were shooting at motorists.
“The command immediately mobilised personnel of Operation Puff Adder I at Rijana Nipping Point and they responded swiftly and engaged the bandits in a fierce gun duel.
“This resulted in the death of one of the bandits while others scampered into forest with varying degrees of gun wounds.
“Unfortunately, a commercial driver and his conductor of a vehicle with Reg. No. Lagos KDR 602 XF were caught up in the crossfire and both lost their lives,” he said.
Jalige said the security risk level have been raised and all personnel at Nipping Points along the expressway have been placed on red alert to prevent any further attack.
He said in spite of the incident, motorist are now plying the road freely.
The command spokesman said that the corpse of the bandit would be profiled, while while those of the driver and conductor have been deposited at St. Gerald Hospital in Kakuri Kaduna.
He appealed to residents to always give security agents timely information for proactive response.
We will talk to terrorists, bandits in language they understand – COAS Yahaya
By Gistflash News
Sept 15, 2021
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Faruk Yahaya, says the Nigerian Army will “talk to the terrorists, bandits, kidnappers and other perpetrators of violence in the language they understand.’’
Yahaya stated this at the closing of the Combined Second and Third Quarters Chief of Army Staff Conference on Wednesday in Abuja.
He assured Nigerians that there shall be more visible signs of improved security across the country in days ahead.
“I will like to seize this opportunity to advise those fueling the crises being witnessed across the Country to desist from their unpatriotic acts as we remain committed to ensure peace returns to every part of the country in no distant time.
“The Nigerian Army, within the ambit of rule of law, will talk to the terrorists, bandits, kidnappers and other perpetrators of violence in the language they understand.
“We will ensure that all peace-loving citizens of this country go about their legitimate businesses and live their lives without fear or intimidation,” he said.
The COAS said that the army must return to the tenets of basic soldering, adhere strictly to the customs, traditions and ethics and uphold regimentation as well as emplace transparent sanctions and rewards system.
Yahaya tasked the formation and unit commanders to ensure adequate security of their bases, barracks and cantonment, warning that commanders would be held responsible for any security breach.
He also directed all commanders to provide quality and good leadership as well as imbibe in their surbonates the core values of the Nigerian army.
The COAS further tasked the commanders to take care of the resources and logistics put at their disposal for the conduct of operations towards achieving results.
He also emphasised the need to maintain synergy with sister services and other security agencies for optimum result in their areas of responsibility.
“Laissez faire attitudes on the part of commanders would not be tolerated. Like I have always said, failure is failure irrespective of the circumstances.
“To that end, I have directed the appropriate departments to come up with modalities for the evaluation of the performance of commanders in the course of their command.
“Commanders must be proactive in the conduct of their operations. You must take the fight into the identified and known enclaves of terrorists and criminals to neutralise them,” he said.
Yahaya, howeve,r cautioned that officers and soldiers must always observe human rights in their different area of responsibilities while being decisive in dealing with perpetrators of violent crimes that could undermine national security.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the conference with theme, “Developing Enduring Strategies to Accomplish Assigned Mission in a Joint Environment”, started on Monday.
In attendance at the conference are Principal Staff Officers (PSOs), commanders of units and formations as well as commandants, who gathered to review the activities of the Nigerian army and chat a new course.
LET’S REVAMP YOUR BUSINESS
Let’s keep you updated
HOW TO BUY FOLLOWERS FOR ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
Gorgeous Bride rocking one of Beyonce’s Hit song
Most Viewed Posts
- Home (40,437)
- Leaked Gay Sex Video: “I feel like I am going to commit suicide”- Nollywood actor, Godwin Maduagu Reacts (14,172)
- Discovery: Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis) (6,636)
- Reality Star, Amara La Negra Flaunts her Nude Body in Swimsuit (4,180)
- JUNE WISSE MIMICKING PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN’S INUAGURAL SPEECH (3,884)
- Governors from south of Nigeria back collection of VAT by statesSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 Governors from the south of Nigeria have expressed their support for the collection of Value Added Tax (VAT) by state governments. Gov. Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo disclosed this while reading a […]
- NEDC flags off construction of 500 housing units in BauchiSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 North-East Development Commission (NEDC) in collaboration with the Bauchi State Government has commenced the construction of 500 mass housing units in Bauchi, to address housing deficit in the state. NEDC’s Managing […]
- Wada Maida’s eldest daughter lauds FG for naming NAN HQ after fatherSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 Eldest daughter of late Malam Wada Maida, Farida, on Thursday lauded President Muhammadu Buhari for naming the News Agency of Nigeria’s Headquarters after her father. Farida spoke to NAN in Abuja […]
- Corruption: Over $600bn of Nigeria’s money stolen since 1960 — MoghaluSpread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 Presidential hopeful, Prof. Kingsley Moghalu, on Thursday said that over 600 billion dollars of Nigeria’s money had been stolen through corruption since 1960. Moghalu, a former Deputy Director of the Central […]
- Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Baba,Spread the loveBy Gistflash News Sept 16, 2021 The Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Baba, says the dispute between the Police Service Commission and the Police hierarchy over who should recruit policemen into the force has been resolved. Baba disclosed […]
- News6 days ago
Nigerians can now travel across 160 countries without Visa – Agency
- News6 days ago
Sanwo-Olu signs VAT Bill into law
- Crime5 days ago
NDLEA Seizes over 24,311kg of Fresh Heroin, Codeine, Cannabis at MMIA and Tincan Seaport
- Sports3 days ago
Pele to leave intensive care this week, daughter says
- News5 days ago
Sit-at-home, against Igbo interest, says Nnamani
- Foreign6 days ago
Vatican rejects Israeli criticism over pope comments on Jewish law
- Health6 days ago
Buhari urges striking doctors to return to work
- News6 days ago
VAT: Ortom promises to obey court’s decision no matter its leaning